caguns.net

Tired of Calguns older Marketplace that can't upload pictures or do feedback ratings?

Try our Search function! Listing am item is easy and easy for people to find things.

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate and use features that aren't available to guests!

CCW CCW Insurance

Does AOR cover civil liabilities? Because it's likely that you will get sued by the family, even if it's a good shoot.
That's a big reason I went with ccw safe
Look into a personal liability plan through your auto/home insurance. Make sure a self defense shooting is not exempt from coverage as well.

I have had USCCA for some time and did some training with them until I found out that they stiff some people. I got the base coverage now. I pay $43 for both me and my spouse.

Then I got CCW safe and haven’t had any issues since I haven’t needed to use them. I pay $67 for both me and my spouse.

Now I’m thinking of completely dropping USCCA and going over to AOR (attorneys on retainer).

It looks like it has a set up cost of $75 per family member (I would automatically go with the family plan because of my spouse) and then $25 per person, per month.

so it would have an initial cost of $150 and then $50 per month for me and my spouse. I don’t know if that includes the pay out limits I want and what not.

IMG_8245.png

I went to a class recently where the range had advertisements for a company called "Right to Bear" https://protectwithbear.com/pages/plans
Their motto seems similar to AOR. I didn't hear anyone bring up RTB company, just curious if it's too new for people to know about, or if there might be other reasons why AOR would still be preferred over RTB.

Does anyone have coverage with multiple companies? Like a policy with both AOR and CCW Safe.

Imho, i think ccw insurance is not worth. There are stories of them not covering when it doesnt fit their guidelines. In the end of the day, they are an insurance company, they will try not to pay. Ive also heard that client privacy privileges are iffy with USCCA since their lawyers have to report to the company, and the company isnt subjected to the privacy laws or wtvr. Could be wrong but its what i read.

But to answer your question: AOR: attorneys on retainer. They seem to literally cover everything even if you were accidentally committing or somehow charged with a felony.

Other people say CCW Safe is good, i think AOR is better because you are essentially paying for your own lawyer. (Correct me if im wrong)

The other option is saving up your own money instead of paying insurance to pay for a lawyer (if you have the luxury).
Second this. I quit USCCA for AOR. I don't like the idea of and insurance adjuster deciding if my case is worthy or not. USCCA wouldn't give me a straight answer regarding self defense incidents in defenseless victim zones (aka gun free zones) and whether they would be covered or not.

Does anyone have coverage with multiple companies? Like a policy with both AOR and CCW Safe.
I found a lawyer named Andrew Branca through various GunTubes. He recommended CCW Safe a while back, but I don't know if he still does.

I read his book, "Law of Self-Defense Principles," which was very good. I liked how he discussed the use of force, when to use it, and when to walk away.

His website offers a "Platinum Protection Program," which gives you 20 hours of him as a legal consult. When I had CCW Safe, I thought it would be a good idea to have him in my corner if I needed his knowledge. I still have his Platinum Protection program; I feel like it's just a little extra backup to have another brain that can contribute to my defense if I need him.

I found a lawyer named Andrew Branca through various GunTubes. He recommended CCW Safe a while back, but I don't know if he still does.

I read his book, "Law of Self-Defense Principles," which was very good. I liked how he discussed the use of force, when to use it, and when to walk away.

His website offers a "Platinum Protection Program," which gives you 20 hours of him as a legal consult. When I had CCW Safe, I thought it would be a good idea to have him in my corner if I needed his knowledge. I still have his Platinum Protection program; I feel like it's just a little extra backup to have another brain that can contribute to my defense if I need him.
I’m eligible for the CCW Safe Protector Plan and would like to try it out if I can find a discount code. I’m finding a lot of expired codes and nothing current.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back