18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Question 2nd Slide w/ Optic?

Messages
33
The only sidearms I own that have RDS are worn OWB (G40 & G22) primarily when bowhunting in areas with elevated risks. That said, if I want to to be able to add an optic to a carry gun for the day (or night) where can I purchase a Glock slide that is optic-ready so I can go back & forth as needed? I dislike RMR...prefer other optics that offer a larger sight window.

10mm G40 DeltaPoint Pro optic target.webp
 
Last edited:
@DesertDepotArms has a great selection of optic-ready slides. I got one for my G19.3 - easy transaction.
 
I've had great luck with OEM slides purchased either on Gunbroker, and on the CAGuns and CALGuns forums, and then having a shop cut the slide.

I prefer OEM slides to ensure functionality, and was able to find deals on standard slides. But the Optic Ready OEM glock slides are around, but always pricy it seems.
 
I've had great luck with OEM slides purchased either on Gunbroker, and on the CAGuns and CALGuns forums, and then having a shop cut the slide.

I prefer OEM slides to ensure functionality, and was able to find deals on standard slides. But the Optic Ready OEM glock slides are around, but always pricy it seems.
Not to mention the SCS Holosun optics if you don't want to use plates.
 
Apparently DDA cannot help me cuz the slides for my sidearms are compatible with current inventory. He wrote:
They only make them for 9mm at this time
G19, g17 and g34

My EDC sidearms tend to be .40 cal. Guess I'm shopping for used slides. (sigh)
 
Apparently DDA cannot help me cuz the slides for my sidearms are compatible with current inventory. He wrote:
They only make them for 9mm at this time
G19, g17 and g34

My EDC sidearms tend to be .40 cal. Guess I'm shopping for used slides. (sigh)
Maybe reach out to Ty and PWI? They do optics cuts and are out of Huntington Beach (they moved from Long Beach earlier this year).
 
Armstrong Arms offers this and is closer to me. Takes a few weeks and I will need to purchase the slide(s) first. Checking with the OC Sheriffs to see if they have any restrictions/requirements applicable first. Not convinced this is anything I really need yet but as my eyes age...well, maybe. I hate relying on things subject to battery life. It's why I have hi-vis, co-witnessed, Hawkins suppressor sights on my G40.
 
wager can cut your slide wiith cerakote coating and have it back to you in 7 days from the moment you dropped the package at post office. Reasonable price and very clean work. Used them 4 times, can't recommend enough. Only downside have to ship it
 
Not to mention the SCS Holosun optics if you don't want to use plates.
1000%

I love the Primary Arms Holosun K series with the ACSS reticle. I've ended up putting them on all my guns running red dots. Two of which are spare slides that I had milled.
 
Back
Top Bottom