18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

AB 1127 Glock ban

half the sub on r/caguns is defending Newsom signing this. crazy

Curious what the logic is
He's literally just making things up lol. Upvoted comments on the top post on the topic are split between screw Democrats/ramifications of the law/go buy a glock. Sure it'd be better if the response was more focused on methods to fight the law instead tons of 'out of jail' posts, but we shouldn't strawman them.
 
He's literally just making things up lol. Upvoted comments on the top post on the topic are split between screw Democrats/ramifications of the law/go buy a glock. Sure it'd be better if the response was more focused on methods to fight the law instead tons of 'out of jail' posts, but we shouldn't strawman them.
I read through a couple hundred posts tonight, I did not see a single one in favor of or even mildly tolerant of the ban. Upvotes can be misleading depending on the context, to some it's "yes I agree this is terrible", not "yes I agree with this action".
 
Once again its truly a blessing to have a father that lives in a free state so I don't have to deal with all the CA BS!
 
Will Glock still be doing warranty service for replacement frames if we ever need one? :/
I doubt it. No one has for any non-roster guns that I have ever heard of.

They ( MFG ) can only return the part with the exact same serial number. Diff SN = New DROS and there is no exception for replacement/repair/warranty
 
That would be too easy and completely defeat the whole purpose of the game Nuisance is playing. Glock most likely will just stop selling to CA altogether, they’re not known for working overly hard to navigate our asinine laws and asinine politicians.
How do you figure?

My local PD are serious Glock Fanbois. I don't think they are alone in The Golden State. As long as a LE exemption exists, Glock will keep selling to them.

Capitalism at its best.
 
How do you figure?

My local PD are serious Glock Fanbois. I don't think they are alone in The Golden State. As long as a LE exemption exists, Glock will keep selling to them.

Capitalism at its best.
How do I figure? Let’s put it this way to clarify what I said: Glock will most likely just stop selling to *us peons altogether, but they’ll still happily sell to the rules for thee but not for me crowd.*

I guess I should have said that in my first post. When they sell to cops but not regular citizens, it really isn’t a good look, hence why I’m not a Glock fanboy and will never buy one.
 
How do I figure? Let’s put it this way to clarify what I said: Glock will most likely just stop selling to *us peons altogether, but they’ll still happily sell to the rules for thee but not for me crowd.*

I guess I should have said that in my first post. When they sell to cops but not regular citizens, it really isn’t a good look, hence why I’m not a Glock fanboy and will never buy one.
It’ll hit their bottom line soon enough. The loss of the CA market is pretty significant. Majority of the 1 million firearms / year sold were glonks

The good thing is new players are stepping up and into the gated CA market.
 
It’ll hit their bottom line soon enough. The loss of the CA market is pretty significant. Majority of the 1 million firearms / year sold were glonks

The good thing is new players are stepping up and into the gated CA market.
The fact that Glock continued to make the Gen3 mainly just for CA shows it was not an insignificant portion of their revenue.
 
Back
Top Bottom