18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Adam’s Arms Piston Kit

chiroken007

The Envy of None
CAguns Prime
Range Member
2026 Top
Messages
827
Does anyone have input on the quality and reliability of upgrading a DI AR-15 using an Adam’s Arms Piston Kit? I have an LWRC IC DI. Was looking to possibly trade out for a piston rifle but fell across the piston kits.
 
I'm so tempted to say I got a PWS MK116 upper off of a complete rifle that I don't care for and would rather have a simple DI setup :rolleyes:
 
adams piston kits have been staples in piston conversions for a long time now. Adams < superlative arms < factory piston guns imo

the carbine length conversions seem the most popular and reliable
 
I have several P1 upper kits I run them in all my AR’s they are very dependable kits.
Alexandria pro fab is suppose do be bringing back the brand.
I bought my last kit on Gunbroker and it wasn’t cheap compared to when they were still around, grabbed a few for backups got lucky when I received them they were NOS.
 
I had one in the late 00’s early teens. It was fine until the op rod peened itself to death and I couldn’t get parts as they were out of business. only thing I could find at the time were complete kits.
 

Got that one on sale a couple years back. It is my first/only AR build - so not much to line it up against - but it's run awesome and I def recommend it/would buy again.
 
I have one upper with it that I built years ago. The quality seemed really nice and it functioned well the few times I took it out. I don't have enough rounds through it to give a long term report though. It does add some extra weight compared to a DI setup and I've been moving to lighter weight builds. I also built too many ARs way back then and now I'm thinking of thinning the herd. I
 
I have a few naver had any issues with them
 
Back
Top Bottom