18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Another scammer alert!!! User: coastline55

LBoon

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
2
Classified ads
1
Got scammed after posting a listing looking to buy an trijicon rmr. I didn’t think anything of it at the time; he just responded saying he had an rmr 6.5 moa that he would sell for my asking price. Asked if he was in the Bay Area and he said he was in Crescent City and would ship it. Should have been my first red flag but I was on a hot streak buying parts for my slide and just thought he was a regular seller. He sent photos of the rmr and when I looked up the serial number on trijicons website it said the optic was real. I noticed he didn’t have any feedback but I saw he joined the site before me and also responded to a few forum posts so I thought he was just some oldhead from the Boonies selling an extra optic. Now looking back I should have used paypal G&S but now I know better.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3042.webp
    IMG_3042.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_3044.webp
    IMG_3044.webp
    37.3 KB · Views: 67
Damn . Sorry to hear that . Yea you gotta do your homework for sure
 
Sorry to hear about that. I was also scammed by someone who said they lived in Crescent City. They pick the most remote town so you're inclined to accept the shipping route, because of course they're not giving you the item. It's made me wary of ship-only posts, but I've learned my lesson and have reviewed listings again before accepting deals. Paypal G&S is also a must for me now too.
 
Got scammed after posting a listing looking to buy an trijicon rmr. I didn’t think anything of it at the time; he just responded saying he had an rmr 6.5 moa that he would sell for my asking price. Asked if he was in the Bay Area and he said he was in Crescent City and would ship it. Should have been my first red flag but I was on a hot streak buying parts for my slide and just thought he was a regular seller. He sent photos of the rmr and when I looked up the serial number on trijicons website it said the optic was real. I noticed he didn’t have any feedback but I saw he joined the site before me and also responded to a few forum posts so I thought he was just some oldhead from the Boonies selling an extra optic. Now looking back I should have used paypal G&S but now I know better.

Showing a real Trijicon RMR doesn't mean he has it or that he will actually send it to you. Sorry you scammed, but these situations are avoidable. At least with eBay you can ding them with bad feedback if they scam you.
 
Sorry that this happened to you. I saw that post and was going to message him but changed my mind. I've inquired a few times through PM's stating depending on location I will meet to pick up only to get ignored even though the seller logs on daily throughout the day. I just move on from it.

There has been an influx of great deals on optics lately, just like the one right now in the classified posted by pureroz for the SRO in Needles for $450. I'm tempted to reach out but it smells like a scam. History sort of always repeats itself as he's located in Needles lol. Crescent City and Needles are now the top two destinations to be weary about.
 
Slixx, I saw that listing too and it looks fishy. I'm just going to assume if you're from a town near the border, you're a scammer.
 
Back
Top Bottom