18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Pics Another WWII Main Battle Rifle That's Boss...More Picts

echo1

Well-known member
📝 Contributor
Messages
444
Hi Gunners,
Here's a few better shots of my '41 Tula refurb SVT40, one day I hope to get some detailed pictures. I scored pretty hard on this guy. I was helping my FFL bud at a show where he had this out. A few tire kickers at $1300 bucks but nobody serious. So on the last morning I asked him if he was interested in trading for 2 SKSs and 2 Big 5 Mosin 91/30s. He said "Sure" and sold all 4 of my rifles by the end of the show for more than he was asking for the SVT. Everyone was happy. He threw in a box of spares and some X54 too. I had my iron for years & he told me he paid $250 for the SVT back in the day, I had maybe $400 or so in my iron. PAX

svt40-010.jpg


svt40-009.jpg


svt40-003.jpg


svt40-004.jpg


svt40-005.jpg


svt40-002.jpg
 
Last edited:
Great rifles!!

I remember reading a post on Calguns from Dennis Kroh (owner of Empire Arms) saying he had a bunch of SVT-40s in a Canadian warehouse that he can't sell in Canada and can't import to the USA.
 
$1300 when??
Here’s a still from a video I took of mine haha
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6072.png
    IMG_6072.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 4
Great rifles!!

I remember reading a post on Calguns from Dennis Kroh (owner of Empire Arms) saying he had a bunch of SVT-40s in a Canadian warehouse that he can't sell in Canada and can't import to the USA.


Thats good! It would certainly make me feel bad at spending like 3k on a rifle only for him to import them and see the price drop by half! Lol.
 
Oh man that’s way before 6-8 years ago. I haven’t seen spam cans that cheap since like 2012.

I dug out the receipt. I know it's the right one because I went to Boulder Creek to get it and it still has the original dudes address on it. May 2013, $89 each shipped, shiet I'm gettin old. PAX
 
Back
Top Bottom