- Messages
- 181
Anyone know if I can ppt a Franklin CA7 if i configure it as a maglocked semiautomatic. Thanks
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.
Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.
A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.
New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.
Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!
As in you selling a Maglocked SSE CA7 as a Semi, with a Gas Tubed Upper?Anyone know if I can ppt a Franklin CA7 if i configure it as a maglocked semiautomatic. Thanks
Which ffl? I too wanted to know lol.Just called an FFL and they said that’s legal. Thanks
Under CA law? Yes.Anyone know if I can ppt a Franklin CA7 if i configure it as a maglocked semiautomatic. Thanks
You in Socal? I had mine done. PPT to me semi auto.Which ffl? I too wanted to know lol.
AR pistol cannot have a stock, must have a brace, otherwise it's an SBR.For sure. It should not be an issue as long as there is some sort of magazine lock installed. Maglocked pistol= have any features you like… semi, folding stock, flashhider, pistol grip… (just no foregrip, that’s a federal thing)
Sorry I was thinking about rifles with a maglock there. 100% agree on the stock part, definitely not on a pistol!AR pistol cannot have a stock, must have a brace, otherwise it's an SBR.
A fixed magazine does NOT get you around the 30" minimum OAL for semi-auto centerfire rifles.Sorry I was thinking about rifles with a maglock there. 100% agree on the stock part, definitely not on a pistol!
Just called an FFL and they said that’s legal. Thanks
Every ffl is different. I’ve learned not every ffl are willing to dros a firearm in its current configuration.Under CA law? Yes.
Will every FFL do that PPT? No.
But this is not a Rifle, it's a Pistol (Handgun), correct? it's 24.13 inches with a 7.5" barrel.A fixed magazine does NOT get you around the 30" minimum OAL for semi-auto centerfire rifles.
If you can fold the stock and the length is less than 30" and still fire the semi-auto centerfire rifle, then you have an assault weapon under a different part of law than the features list.
My response was to a post about rifle characteristics.But this is not a Rifle, it's a Pistol (Handgun), correct?
Less history more mystery.Every ffl is different. I’ve learned not every ffl are willing to dros a firearm in its current configuration.
I remember reading about how technically, ffl’s are supposed/required to dros the firearms in its current configuration? But because not everyone is comfortable with washing the new dros to semi auto from the OG dros which is bolt action/straight pull or SSE; it’s best to ask the ffl “do you guys dros in its current configuration regardless of the old dros stating bolt action/straight pull or sse, and have the new dros state semi auto.”
I’ve been told no, some didn’t want to touch it/transfer it, and some they won’t change the dros info to semi auto but are willing to transfer the firearm; basically the new dros will still say single shot. I’ve also been told yes, that’s fine, ppt is exempt from the roster, and the proper way is the new dros is supposed to reflect the current configuration of the firearm which is semi auto.
Welcome to CAguns.net!
Hello There! I see you're browsing as a guest. Sign up to use our regional search features and communicate with other members.
Registering is quick and free. Once registered, you’ll unlock exclusive features available only to members. Join today!
If you choose to become a contributor, you'll get even more advanced features.📸 We're now on Instagram! Follow us @caguns_net and tag us in your videos and photos to get featured!