18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Anyone see this happen with a P22?

RiverGuy

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
4
Classified ads
1
My brother has the slide crack on his Wlather P22 this past weekend while out plinking. We had my niece shooting it when we started having weird malfunctions. Trying to figure out what was going on is when we noticed the crack. It goes from right where the slide stop contacts up to the ejection port. We've never had anything like this happen with any of our P22s. Between myself, my brothers and a few friends we have 8 different P22s. Usually they are flawless and shoot great. We are going to contact Walther this week to see what they can do about it. Has anyone else seen this happen on one before?
 

Attachments

  • 1000015489.webp
    1000015489.webp
    76 KB · Views: 73
  • 1000015487.webp
    1000015487.webp
    193.2 KB · Views: 73
Remington golden bullet. Literally gone through buckets of that stuff in all our 22s. Never had something like this happen. Never heard of over pressure 22. Enough to break a slide?
What kind of ammo were you shooting?
 
P22's are notorious for cracked slides. Just send it back to Walther and they should replace it for you free of charge.
As Jyang010 states, send it back to Walther and they will send you out a new one for free. And...it won't have the CA on it (at least mine didn't) I was using Remi bucket o bullets when it happened. Might be the ammo was a little 'hot'.
 
My brother has the slide crack on his Wlather P22 this past weekend while out plinking. We had my niece shooting it when we started having weird malfunctions. Trying to figure out what was going on is when we noticed the crack. It goes from right where the slide stop contacts up to the ejection port. We've never had anything like this happen with any of our P22s. Between myself, my brothers and a few friends we have 8 different P22s. Usually they are flawless and shoot great. We are going to contact Walther this week to see what they can do about it. Has anyone else seen this happen on one before?
I had this happen on my fde model. Walther replaced it for me free of charge. I was shooting Aguila high/super velocity.
 
I'm seeing a trend here with remington rounds? I strictly use mini mags and haven't had any issues with my 22 CA.
Like I said we have about 8 p22s in our group and almost always shoot golden bullet through them as well as all of our other 22 cal firearms. I personally have gone through 5 or so buckets myself. For us it's been the most reliable and best shooting stuff. This is the first issue I've ever experienced with it and I can't tell you if it's actually ammo related or not. Seeing as how how the P22 slide breaking is a common thing I'm assuming it's more of a gun issue not so much ammo. Again this is just my experience with that ammo.
 
I've got a 2002 P22 and mostly shoot golden bullets through it, never had any issues. That being said, P22s do have this issue, I don't think it's tied to ammo type, just a flaw of the weak metal they use for the slides. As stated though, Walther is aware that this happens and will usually get you a new slide with no hassle.
 
P22 is just sadly not that well made. Unbecoming of walther
That's because I believe they are actually manufactured by Umarex, as are most of the imported 22 firearms like the MP5, 416, Hammerli, GSG 1911s, ect. Most of the pistols have slides made out of cheap pot metal, not unlike the air guns Umarex makes. It's a bummer because the P22 is otherwise an awesome gun, but the possibility of having a slide crack is not great.
 
That's because I believe they are actually manufactured by Umarex, as are most of the imported 22 firearms like the MP5, 416, Hammerli, GSG 1911s, ect. Most of the pistols have slides made out of cheap pot metal, not unlike the air guns Umarex makes. It's a bummer because the P22 is otherwise an awesome gun, but the possibility of having a slide crack is not great.
The MP5 22 seems to work very well, I have only seen good reviews. I think they made my STG44 too
 
The MP5 22 seems to work very well, I have only seen good reviews. I think they made my STG44 too
The rifles in general seem to be pretty solid. I've got the MP5 and it's been even more reliable than my 10/22! STG is on the list if I decide to get another 22.
 
Back
Top Bottom