18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Anyone used the mCarbo California p365 flat trigger?

i had previously installed a flat trigger (i forget who’s) into my p365 (CCW) but it was a non mag disconnect compliant trigger. So my CCW agency made me change it back (I need to keep the mag disconnect in the gun). I looked at the Ramm Tactical and felt uncomfortable with change THAT much of the internals. I dont really wanna change it THAT much, just more the tactile feel of a curved to flat trigger. The x macro is a tad long with the way i like to carry and kinda poked me in uncomfortable places. The mCarbo CA flat trigger looks to be the answer, but wondering about anyone with real world experience with it. Google doesnt really address the CA version
 
Last edited:
Mostly off topic here...

I installed the mCarbo trigger system, including flat trigger unit in my Hellcat. Great kit, easy installation, much better/lighter trigger, but...

The stock trigger blade itself has just a touch of give/flex to it whereas the mCarbo flat unit is rock solid, rigid. Made the trigger pull feel harsher in some way. I ended up putting just the stock trigger blade back in with the mCarbo internals, much happier.

You do you (y)
 
I have the mcarbo flat in my p365… and like it. but also removed the disconnect safety. Sucks your ccw doesn’t allow - hope I don’t run into same issue when I’m allowed to update roster to include p365. My current ccw roster has no mag disconnects (all off/pre roster)
 
for my agency, if the gun came with a mag disconnect, it's supposed to keep it. if it's a pre/off roster they dont expect a mag disconnect. not sure how they tell the diff with something like a p365, maybe they just assume they are CA and should have them. beats me but I gotta have one on my p365. to be honest outside this trigger issue I dont really care, but the trigger issue is annoying
 
I just put the mcarbo flat trigger on my p365 and polished the sear. Do not like curved triggers and I did not like the gritty feeling in the play of the trigger. polishing it fixed that and it is super smooth now.
 
It felt much worse with the MCarbo but installed the non - CA kit into a CA compliant 365. also did not get their striker upgrade. the takeup is reduced and breaks at 90 but the squish didnt change. i think the Mcarbo springs are a tad heavier than new p365s'.

ergo, the Ramm kit should be here any day now. karl ramm personally called to switch my order (advises against using his regular kit in a ca compliant fcu even with the trigger pin swap). He was adamant that the tolerances are different a ca and no ca compliant fcu. crossing my fingers on the Ramm...
 
Back
Top Bottom