18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Legal Are these legal to own?

Is it?

M2A1.50

Member
Messages
27
Classified ads
1
Like stated above, can I own these in california. I ask because I came up on 2 solid deals while I'm currently in the East coast but I'm living in Cali. Can I bring these back with me, I'm not planning to use them. They just look nice and cool pieces to talk about. I know they can not have a fore grip on them.
 

Attachments

  • MCK_MCKGEN1_CAAMCK_CAAUSA_CAA_MICROCONVERSIONKIT_GLOCK_GLOCK17_FDE_STABE_mk2.jpg
    MCK_MCKGEN1_CAAMCK_CAAUSA_CAA_MICROCONVERSIONKIT_GLOCK_GLOCK17_FDE_STABE_mk2.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 13
  • recover-tactical-mg9-angled-grip-and-glock-mag-holder.jpg
    recover-tactical-mg9-angled-grip-and-glock-mag-holder.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 13
A California resident can purchase firearms from free States.
If the California FFL will accept them and start a DROS is up to the FFL.
I have purchased from, Washington, 2 x Oregon, Texas, 2 x Florida and Montana.
Some shipped from the resident of that State with copy of ID to my FFL.
Some dropped off at owners State FFL for shipping with CFLC approval letter.
On Roster and DROS at a California FFL.
One OFF Roster but was a "Olympic Exempt" pistol.

This is NOT a Private Party Transfer so CA FFL can charge any fee they want for service.
Always check with your FFL before buying.
Switched to another FFL when fee increased from $25 to $100
 
Like stated above, can I own these in california. I ask because I came up on 2 solid deals while I'm currently in the East coast but I'm living in Cali. Can I bring these back with me, I'm not planning to use them. They just look nice and cool pieces to talk about. I know they can not have a fore grip on them.

I’m not sure what everyone is talking about, but they most certainly are 100% legal to buy and own in California (the chassis only without the gun). You can keep them in their boxes and take them with you when you leave. Just don’t insert a gun in them while you’re here.
 
I believe according to the recent 9th en banc ruling, they wou;ld be classified as "accessories" or "accoutrements" (not firearms or protected by 2A...). This is called "fabricated legal word games".

In theory that would mean they "could" be banned or prohibited, but AFAIK they have not been specifically banned, you just can't use them as intended, as the combination would be prohibited by other laws....

And yes, that is an angel you hear, swearing over your shoulder... Could be worse, you could live in CO?!
 
I’d be careful of owning parts like that that manufactures won’t ship to California. I know some folks might get up in arms about that but consider risk vs reward here. Is it really worth fighting the California court system to own something like that. I pistol on its own gets the job done as cool as those chassis are.
 
LOL to everyone who thought he meant the firearms and not the silly chassis system.

So here is the problem with that set up. First, the assault weapons rules state

PC 30515 (a) Notwithstanding Section 30510, “assault weapon” also means any of the following:
(4) A semiautomatic pistol that does not have a fixed magazine but has any one of the following:
(B) A second handgrip.
Note it does not say a vertical pistol grip, just a second hand grip. So both of those appear to have a second handgrip and the one on the right appears to have a vertical handgrip which might also be an AOW violation as well. So in order to legally use them, you would need to have a fixed magazine that requires disassembly of the pistol action. Good luck with that.

The second issue is California does not define what a buttstock is. So both of those "braces" could be construed as a buttstock, especially when they pull your social media videos you have been bragging about showing you shooting them from your shoulder like a buttstock. So now you not only have an AW charge, but a SBR charge as well.

And all for what? Because you have a severely underperforming pistol caliber carbine? Now, I agree with everyone who says as long as it is not installed, it might not be illegal to possess (you could also be the very expensive test case that establishes a new constructive possession case law and sure enough, it is illegal). However, I again go back to other than the cool factor (which I respect your theoretical liberty and freedom to do as you wish! #murica), there is no practical purpose to have one of these sitting around the house: unassembled or assembled. No practical unassembled reason since it is going to take a while to assemble (well at least longer than putting an upper and lower together) and again you have a very limited pistol caliber carbine when if SHTF is happening, you need more than that. And no practical assembled reason to risk felonies for an underpowered pistol caliber carbine when you might as well go suppressed, full auto, real rifle. I suppose if you already had a bunch of other illegal items, then what is one more charge? That would make the only logical sense though it is still illogical given you can have as many uppers and lowers separated in your house as you want, including lawful short barreled uppers with your lawfully acquired AR15 pistols. There is zero reason to have illegal assault weapons in your possession at any time and risk a felony. At least that is my opinion, take it for what it is worth.
 
the recover tactical one is legal to use as long as you take that front mag holder off. the rail underneath isn't meant to be held therefore it can't be a handgrip (or you could put a flashlight under it)

but it sucks to actually use so don't bother lol, too flexible of a "brace" and short LOP
 
the recover tactical one is legal to use as long as you take that front mag holder off. the rail underneath isn't meant to be held therefore it can't be a handgrip (or you could put a flashlight under it)

but it sucks to actually use so don't bother lol, too flexible of a "brace" and short LOP
I agree with that magazine holder removed, it might not constitute a second grip. I still think you are in unchartered territory with a possible SBR charge since that folding arm brace looks exactly like a folding stock. It would not seem to difficult for a DA to get a jury to see it that way too. Especially when there will be video of that being used as a brace somewhere for them to see. Again, this is only a California thing since the feds have said some of those devices are arm braces and not stocks.
 
back when the glockstore was in san diego, and back when the gunshows were still decent to go to... I purchased 3 of the "Roni" or "micro roni" right there at the show. I ended up selling them off to buddies so I cant comment exactly how the layout was. But these look a little different from the ones I remember buying

Edit: I dont remember the ones I bought having the extra magwell in front
 
Back
Top Bottom