18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Availability of 45 ACP pistols from H&K

I don’t think any major metro LE or military unit with the initial r&d + design purchase power is going to be throwing out a 45acp tender anytime soon.

Something that will drive HK, next Service scale service rifle or lmg contract.
 
I made sure to grab an HK45 before moving here, I had to have it ordered in as no one in DFW had them on the shelf, I barely saw p30’s on the shelf. It was all VP9’s and CC9’s. Maybe a p2000 or a random mk23. Considering that HK doesn’t have a hammer fired pistol with an optics cut in 2026 I HIGHLY doubt that they are going to mod the HK45 series to be sold in CA. I can’t think of any major department that is using anything in .45 so probably not going to see a lot of new .45’s coming out. Hell the HK45, FNX, and another pistols came out of a DoD contract that never made it out of testing. If I’m remembering correctly.
 
I think the most likely .45 ACP pistol we will see that is not a 1911 will be a M&P 2.0 in .45...
 
HK is more likely to stop making the USP45 and HK45 rather than come out with a new 45.
sadly I agree with you. .45 just doesn’t have the pull anymore. plus the cost of ammo is killing me compared to 9mm
 
Back
Top Bottom