18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Bravo Company (BCM) Commercial BCG's $59.95

5.56Geo

Member+
2A
Messages
35
Has anybody bought one of these? They are NOT the premium logo branded BCM bolt carrier group that BCM sells. Hey, for $59.95 seems like a good deal, if they were awful I don't think BCM would be selling them. They are 158 Carpenter steel. Any input before I buy one or two.

9jiJrLal.png
 
I haven't used that particular one, but Carpenter 158 bolts are perfectly fine and I would assume BCM sells only quality. If I was needing some, I'd buy those at that price with zero hesitation.
 
For what its worth, back in 2014 i bought a Delton rifle where the entire rifle was $500
Ive kept the BCG out of that rifle and put it in a loaner setup for friends that want to go out but dont have anything. With the exception of replacing the gas rings twice (once every 5,000 rounds) i've had zero issues with the el cheap-BCG
As long as the carrier is staked and you don't see any burs... keep it generously lubed and you maintain a decent cleaning schedule after every time you shoot I'm sure a cheap BCG will be ok.
All my other setups either have BCM branded bcg's or the geissele enhanced.. ive noticed no tangible difference
 
You must read the fine print. BCM does not manufacture these particular bcg’s. They are surplus and not quantity controlled by bcm.
 
I just ordered a toolcraft 158 bcg last week fora new build with charging handle for about 90 bucks from psa.Wonder if this is the same one just no logo,
 
I ordered one after all for a simple M4 “KISS” build that I’m putting together. It comes in today, I’ll post pictures. Based on the BCM pictures it does appear to be chrome lined, at least the gas key does.
 
Are the BCM "commercial" BCGs chrome lined? If so I might get one if they are free shipping.
Yes the carrier is chrome lined. They have a very nice finish. I’ll see how it runs. I may just replace the bolt with a spare BCM bolt I have.
 
For $60; you really can't complain, especially if BCM is offering it. Hell, for $60, I'd get one just to keep as a spare!

I've used a bunch of generic BCGs that were often military contract overproductions; they all work fine with 1000s of rounds down the pipe.
 
Its weird that BCM refers to these BCGs as "commercial" when they look "mil-spec" (chrome lined carrier and 158 bolts.
I think they are trying to draw a difference between the BCM branded logo "Duty Quality" BCG and the cheaper cost "no brand" lower cost BCG. So the call it the "Commercial" BCG.
 
I think they are trying to draw a difference between the BCM branded logo "Duty Quality" BCG and the cheaper cost "no brand" lower cost BCG. So the call it the "Commercial" BCG.
Well I got one because despite the "commercial" misnomer by BCM to differentiate these from their "duty" BCGs, these look "milspec". And you cant get a milspec BCG for less than $72 shipped.
 
Well I got one because despite the "commercial" misnomer by BCM to differentiate these from their "duty" BCGs, these look "milspec". And you cant get a milspec BCG for less than $72 shipped.
I agree, that's why I bought one. I have heard of "Commercial Buffer Tubes" but never heard of "Commercial BCG's".
 
Back
Top Bottom