18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CCW in SF

Conundrum415- My anecdotal experiences as a constant visitor, former resident and having been born there are the formation of my opinions about 'The City', May I ask your familiarity with San Francisco?
 
Conundrum415- My anecdotal experiences as a constant visitor, former resident and having been born there are the formation of my opinions about 'The City', May I ask your familiarity with San Francisco?
Resident for over 20 years, visitor with family in the City the rest of my life. I've lived in actually dangerous areas - e.g. grew up in Harlem in the 80s and 90s.
 
Conundrum- I grew up in Visitacion Valley. Yes, there are worse areas in the world. I've tried to explain that the 'bad' areas of SF are blocks. Newark, NJ...Detroit...St. Louis...and the worst I've ever seen Dade County, Florida just outside of Miami are extensive by comparison. Even Oakland is a postage stamp of blight compared to the acreage of despair in Dade.

That said, San Francisco is not the friendly place touted by Herb Caen as Baghdad by the Bay. And my point was the layout of prohibited places in a 7x7 eraser tip on the pencil of the Peninsula is problematic for CCW.
 
Back
Top Bottom