18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

CCW Insurance What is your opinion?

Tominnorcal

Member
Messages
57
There are several CCW insurance companies but little information to compare them. I have Firearms Legal Protection but don't know how it compares to the others.

The FLP iPhone app is good and their list of coverages seems okay, but other than that I don't know much.

Anybody have any experience or first hand knowledge with any of the common insurers for CCW? - coming up for renewal and want to make a comparison.

A discussion on this topic would be helpful to everyone.
 
There are several CCW insurance companies but little information to compare them. I have Firearms Legal Protection but don't know how it compares to the others.

The FLP iPhone app is good and their list of coverages seems okay, but other than that I don't know much.

Anybody have any experience or first hand knowledge with any of the common insurers for CCW? - coming up for renewal and want to make a comparison.

A discussion on this topic would be helpful to everyone.
This may help:
1727636755638.png
Source: https://tacticalhyve.com/concealed-carry-insurance-the-best-providers/
 
It would be helpful to hear from someone who actually made use of one of these insurance companies. I’m with CCW Safe, but who the heck knows if they would be supportive in a situation…I hope to never find out.
 
Like all insurance they can deny your claim or cancel you at any moment. Too many horror stories out there. You're better off paying to have an attorney on retainer.
 
It would be helpful to hear from someone who actually made use of one of these insurance companies. I’m with CCW Safe, but who the heck knows if they would be supportive in a situation…I hope to never find out.
Agreed. So far the only first-hand experiences I've seen recounted are with the two big companies (US CA AND CCWSafe) and are negative. Which doesn't fill me with confidence in any company.
 
Thanks for all the replies. Currently have FLP premium and they seem good but the coverage is not as complete. They are small I think but they are recommended by Active Self Protection so there must be some substance to them.
The other name that comes up with very positive recommendations is CCW Safe. They are also recommended by CARPA and aside from the Supreme Court CARPA is probably the reason we were able to get any sort of CCW in CA.
Right now I think I’ll keep FLP until the policy expires (I pay by the year) and then switch to CCW Safe
 
It is important to note, these products are not insurance. It is a "prepaid legal expense" pool, the distinction is important as it speaks to providers' responsibilities.
 
I have "Right to Bear", Seems like one of the best ones. Surprised it's not even on that chart?
 
It is important to note, these products are not insurance. It is a "prepaid legal expense" pool, the distinction is important as it speaks to providers' responsibilities.
You are correct in that USCCA is not insurance, but the plan and its members are covered by an insurance polcy.
 
I have CCW Safe and it has a good reputation. I hear that there have been some problems with some of the others. It was recommended by the trainer at my CCW class.

I did some research and it is the only one that will also back liability judgements and civil suits.

Never used them, so this is based only on comments and endorsements I have gotten.
 
Back
Top Bottom