18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Challenges to the psych requirement

Joker67

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Founder 2026 2
Messages
462
Is CRPA challenging the constitutionality of these expensive requirements? Seems absurd. In Solano here, first got CCW in 2019, Cost $600 at most. The classes were the most expensive part. People have been posting costs in the thousands in anti gun counties.

I could not find a case challenging the psych requirements even though they clearly violate Bruin.

This from the CRPA :

I can't cut and paste the text but the gist is that a psych evaluation is likely unconstitutional under Bruen.

I'm reading that likely means no case has been brought forward to challenge it,
 
Is CRPA challenging the constitutionality of these expensive requirements? Seems absurd. In Solano here, first got CCW in 2019, Cost $600 at most. The classes were the most expensive part. People have been posting costs in the thousands in anti gun counties.

I could not find a case challenging the psych requirements even though they clearly violate Bruin.

This from the CRPA :

I can't cut and paste the text but the gist is that a psych evaluation is likely unconstitutional under Bruen.

I'm reading that likely means no case has been brought forward to challenge it,
In order for there to be a challenge, a plaintiff with standing would be needed. This means, that you would need a person who was denied a CCW based on the results of a psychological assessment or was ordered to undergo and pay for such an assessment in order to qualify for a CCW. If you know of such a person you could have them contact me.
 
Back
Top Bottom