18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

How To: Classified ad help - Listing multiple handguns in one ad. Driving me bat šŸ’© crazy on WTS and Price

riceman

āšœļø Member
CAguns Supporter
Founder 2026 2 Top
Messages
477
Classified ads
1
I have done a single handgun ad no problem. Now doing 4 handguns in one ad having problems setting WTS put in amount then mark Set Price range with amounts and get crazy amounts. I need help.
 
Take a pic of all pistols together, then a second one of opposite side.

Use the ā€œPrice rangeā€ feature. List lowest priced firearm under sale price; list highest selling value under the price range button.

List each individual pistol in comments with the price of that specific firearm at end of its description.

Leave a paragraph space and list next item, rinse and repeat.

Hope I am answering your question
 

ZeroFoxGiven​

Thanks that solved all my problems. Perfect break down on how to. Your reply should be in the How-To -Section. Precise and to the point. Really appreciate your help.
 
I'm always looking for help if people could help me out with that.. Doser and i have been busy on some other stuff...

We're going to see if feedback can be easier for people
 
Wouldn't it be better to list each gun separately for its own price, pictures, watchers, feedback, and status?
 
Wouldn't it be better to list each gun separately for its own price, pictures, watchers, feedback, and status?
If the website had unlimited support and money for upgrades, memory, etc then sure; but that is not the case atm
 
If the website had unlimited support and money for upgrades, memory, etc then sure; but that is not the case atm

Do you think people are combining their listings because of site bandwidth? I find those listings to be messy and often incomplete.
 
Do you think people are combining their listings because of site bandwidth? I find those listings to be messy and often incomplete.
Yes, unless you're a free or paid member, and which tier, you're limited by number of active listings you can have. That is why it is encouraged to have a multi listing.
 
Do you think people are combining their listings because of site bandwidth? I find those listings to be messy and often incomplete.

And if the same person created postings individually, they would still be messy and often incomplete.
 
I did a multiple listing of a handgun (Revolvers) with similar modes of operation plus adding the manufacturers to the title. To me it seems simple and a member can decide if he wants to inspect it or not.

Wolkenflieger - I find those listings to be messy and often incomplete.​

I am open to constructive criticism so please look at my ad and tell me if you think it is incomplete. If so, I am open to ideas.šŸ˜‡
 
Take a pic of all pistols together, then a second one of opposite side.

Use the ā€œPrice rangeā€ feature. List lowest priced firearm under sale price; list highest selling value under the price range button.

List each individual pistol in comments with the price of that specific firearm at end of its description.

Leave a paragraph space and list next item, rinse and repeat.

Hope I am answering your question
I'm not sure if this is what you meant but this is the correct method to create a range. Using the "Set Sale price" option is only for items that have already been priced and you want to now lower the price, it results in a cross-out of one price in favor of another which we don't want on new listings.

1772431168590.webp1772431252345.webp
1772431359549.webp
 
I did a multiple listing of a handgun (Revolvers) with similar modes of operation plus adding the manufacturers to the title. To me it seems simple and a member can decide if he wants to inspect it or not.

Wolkenflieger - I find those listings to be messy and often incomplete.​

I am open to constructive criticism so please look at my ad and tell me if you think it is incomplete. If so, I am open to ideas.šŸ˜‡

I just find the individual listings simpler and much easier to parse. I guess I wasn't thinking about membership tier limitations.
 
I actually had some stuff I wanted to give away for free, but I have three listings up and don’t wanna take them down so I’ll might just put that stuff in the trash. I’ll probably post it on the other site.
 
There's a Wtg thread for free stuff.
 
Back
Top Bottom