- Messages
- 820
- Classified ads
- 2
Starting this thread to share my experience cutting my off roster custom works P320 FCU to accept a manual safety. I wanted to do this for a while but thought I had to ship it somewhere to get it done. Then I found the Sig Mechanics kit, watched his videos and realized its really straight forward. Pretty much fool proof.
So, I bought the kit and parts, stripped my FCU, and started cutting away. I was surprised by how fast it was. I finished cutting the FCU in less than 20 minutes. I reassembled the FCU, and I'm really satisfied. The kit comes with 2 dremel bits. One is carbon steel, intended to cut into the FCU but not the jig. The other bit is titanium if you need more cutting power, but it will also cut the jig. I ended up only needing the carbon bit.
I highly recommend this kit. The cool thing is It's reusable. It's in really good shape in case I have the opportunity to use it again.
Before pic, note I outlined the area to cut with a black pen and the FCU has a "starter" hole from the factory (why don't all FCUs just come with the complete cutout?):

After pic:

Reassembled next to X-macro:

So, I bought the kit and parts, stripped my FCU, and started cutting away. I was surprised by how fast it was. I finished cutting the FCU in less than 20 minutes. I reassembled the FCU, and I'm really satisfied. The kit comes with 2 dremel bits. One is carbon steel, intended to cut into the FCU but not the jig. The other bit is titanium if you need more cutting power, but it will also cut the jig. I ended up only needing the carbon bit.
I highly recommend this kit. The cool thing is It's reusable. It's in really good shape in case I have the opportunity to use it again.
Before pic, note I outlined the area to cut with a black pen and the FCU has a "starter" hole from the factory (why don't all FCUs just come with the complete cutout?):

After pic:

Reassembled next to X-macro:

Last edited: