18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Derya DY9 stove pipe jamming = fixed

that isn't a brag. Let me guess, you are also a elected member in a HOA? Lol.
I have a Glock Gen5 and and G49 barrel as well as the Derya Island barrel, some fun combinations.

Somebody piss in your cheerios bro?
So are you hoa as well? its all fun bro. No need to get moody.

HOA, PTA, ASPCA, USPSA, CPRA, GOA...
 
So I got a call today from the actual gunsmith in Florida from derya who is working on fixing my pistol. He really reassured me that he would fix it and gave me excellent customer service, he even gave me his cell phone number and told me to keep in touch with him after I get the pistol back in case I still have issues. This company really does stand behind their products. Anyone who is on the fence about buying one I would recommend it.
 
So I got a call today from the actual gunsmith in Florida from derya who is working on fixing my pistol. He really reassured me that he would fix it and gave me excellent customer service, he even gave me his cell phone number and told me to keep in touch with him after I get the pistol back in case I still have issues. This company really does stand behind their products. Anyone who is on the fence about buying one I would recommend it.
Rob (gunsmith) is a standup fella. Very professional. He also said the same to me as well. Glad he got you taken care of.
 
Rob (gunsmith) is a standup fella. Very professional. He also said the same to me as well. Glad he got you taken care of.
Rob is an amazing guy. He will ship the gun back to me in a few days. He said he throated the barrel and polished the feed ramp.

But honestly I’m starting to think it’s not the guns fault, it’s this Troy 115 grain ammo that’s the problem.

I went shooting with some friends. And I used this ammo in the following guns and they all had some sort of extraction or jamming issues….

1)Cz75
2)S&W M&P
3)Glock 17 with Zev slide
4)some old school Spanish 1911 clone

All 4 of these guns had issues with this ammo.

The only gun that didn’t have any issues was the Sig X5 legion.

I have some blazer 124 grain that I will shoot once I get the Dy9 back. Will report back again.
 
Hope you run a better HOA than my old one. I audited their financials and it wasn’t good. People got booted lol
I've only had an HOA once in my life when I lived in the Seattle area, it was actually a pretty good, low drama one, only 25 homes. Generally speaking I won't buy a home if there's an HOA or Mello Roos.
 
Rob is an amazing guy. He will ship the gun back to me in a few days. He said he throated the barrel and polished the feed ramp.

But honestly I’m starting to think it’s not the guns fault, it’s this Troy 115 grain ammo that’s the problem.

I went shooting with some friends. And I used this ammo in the following guns and they all had some sort of extraction or jamming issues….

1)Cz75
2)S&W M&P
3)Glock 17 with Zev slide
4)some old school Spanish 1911 clone

All 4 of these guns had issues with this ammo.

The only gun that didn’t have any issues was the Sig X5 legion.

I have some blazer 124 grain that I will shoot once I get the Dy9 back. Will report back again.
If it did that with other firearms, it could very well be the ammo. I've only ran blazer 115gr through my island set up with zero malfunction. I had striker issues on my island so it was returned and a new replacement slide was sent out. Before sending it, he also throated the new barrel and polished the feed ramps as well. That one also had zero malfunctions.
 
So I went shooting today and tested out the dy9 after Rob the gunsmith from Derya fixed it and sent it back. He said he polished the feed ramps. Throated the barrel. Put in a stronger extractor spring and a few other things. He said he put about 100 rounds as a test at the factory and it was perfect for him.

Now I should mention I did have a Glock 19 gen 5 ejector just laying around so I decided to install it before shooting it myself.

I’m happy to report back there was not one single solitary stove pipe malfunction.

I switched back and forth between the Derya upper and my GGP upper and no issues with either one.

It is also worth mentioning that I shot blazer 124 grain and Troy 115 grain. And as I mentioned before I think the Troy ammo is complete trash because even though I didn’t have any stove pipes with it I did have quite a few light primer strikes where there was a click but no bang.

If anyone is interested in a DY9 slide and barrel that is non California version with no LCI and holes in the slide and barrel please message me as mine is for sale. I am going to keep running the GGP. No need for two.

All in all I am very happy with my DY9 and the level of support I received from Derya. This gun will come off the roster in June so if you’re on the fence I would recommend to go for it. 299 plus tax is a great deal compared to the overpriced Glocks for PPT!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8002.webp
    IMG_8002.webp
    17.1 KB · Views: 15

This is also an interesting little short. The owner of Buffalo Bore ammo explains it’s kind of a lottery when you buy a new gun on how good the quality will be. Too many variables in production.
 
Hello,

I recently purchased a derya dy9 in January and I have about 500 rounds through the original upper slide.

I started experiencing stove pipe jams and double feeds. Using mostly 115 grain ammo, oem mag, Glock mag, and P mag.

Mine is a California edition with the LCI so I thought maybe the LCI was the issue. I changed out the complete slide to a grey ghost precision gen 4. It’s complete with slide, barrel, spring, extractor, etc.

Still jamming and throwing brass on top of my head sporadically. I bought the GGP slide used and the previous owner said it cycled 115 grain ammo no problem.

I have some 124 grain ammo on order. I also ordered a new glock 19 gen 5 ejector. I really hope this fixes it.

Does my ejector look damaged?

Thank you for any help or input.

PS; Also reached out to derya customer support. They have been responsive but not really helpful. I filled out a warranty request. The customer support guy keeps saying for the last 3 weeks he will talk to the gunsmith but it’s going nowhere. It’s just lip service from them.
The ejector looks wrong. Here’s mine after removing the LCI.
 
I've had no issues with my DY9 and that was with a variety of different magazines (OEM Glock, Magpul, and KCI) as well as a mix of factory 115 and 124 grain FMJ 9mm ammunition (ex. Blazer, Fiocchi, PMC).

I ran excess of 500 rounds with no issues with my OEM DY9 slide and I will experiment later this year with a G19.3 slide.
 
Back
Top Bottom