18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Did I do a good or bad thing?

AR15barrels

CGN Member
Calguns Verified
📝 Contributor
Verified FFL
Messages
1,163
Classified ads
2
American Reloading had cosmetic second small pistol primers for 165 per 5000 in stock yesterday so I bought 3 cases.
I found the reddit discussion about them and they look to be from Feather River Energetics in Arkansas.
Everyone that tried them last year when they first came out has been reporting good results.

Anyone here have first hand experience with them?
 
I don't know if I'd have gotten 3 of them but for that price, I'd take a flyer on 1 case for sure
 
They're already out of stock.
They sold out within minutes after I bought the 3 cases.
There was 9 cases left when I started checkout and 10 minutes after I finished checkout, they were all gone.
 
I haven't tried those but I did get 5k of Exakt primers a few years ago that totally sucked and I just returned them. It took some arguing but I'm not paying for someones mistake, that's on the retailer.
 
It's good to see that primers in general have come down in price. Remember during COVID? Vendors selling a box of 1000 CCI pistol primers close to 200 dollars and getting it.
 
Back
Top Bottom