18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Dirty Argentinian

Gat Man

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Messages
53
Classified ads
4
I went to one of the local guns shops at lunchtime and came across a Bersa Firestorm 380 in the consignment case. It’s well used, only came with one mag but the trigger pull is crisp and action is smooth. The price was listed at $175, I offered $125 and it was accepted. All in with taxes and fees was $187. I’m pretty stoked and think it might be good to teach the kids when they’re ready to step up from the 22s.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5075.jpeg
    IMG_5075.jpeg
    30.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_5079.jpeg
    IMG_5079.jpeg
    88.7 KB · Views: 8
You scored, Gat Man
These are sweet lil 380s. Mine has been accurate and reliable. I think I paid ~$280
 
Sorry, no. The Bersa .380 blowback design makes for a sharp, uncomfortable recoil for a child, a lot of adults to. When younger a fullsize or Commander 1911 in .45acp was comfortable to shoot hundreds of rounds a day. The most I ever shot out of my Bersa .380 was 20 rounds in one sitting and I was done.

The guns themselves are small, comfortable to hold and well made and accurate. But fun is not a word I would describe to shoot them. You got a screaming deal, but shoot it yourself first before letting a kid or new shooter try it, you'll be surprised by the amount of recoil.

YMMV
 
Last edited:
True, but the grips on that gun really do mitigate the recoil.
I tried factory grips, $80 custom wood grips, 3d party rubber grips, etc. It was never comfortable to shoot. Had multiple shooters all experienced try it also and no one wanted to shoot it for any prolonged string of fire. I actually really like them, just not shooting them. Otherwise they're a tank and accurate with old world charm.
 
I tried factory grips, $80 custom wood grips, 3d party rubber grips, etc. It was never comfortable to shoot. Had multiple shooters all experienced try it also and no one wanted to shoot it for any prolonged string of fire. I actually really like them, just not shooting them. Otherwise they're a tank and accurate with old world charm.
I have a Tanfoglio from 45 years ago which is a blowback and hits like a ballpeen hammer. The Bersa, in contrast, is substantially more pleasant. But I do agree that it’s probably a chunk to use for youth intro and training and could be more of a turn off than a mid-size 9mm.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom