18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question Does everybody else actually enjoy this hobby?

Hobby? This is not a hobby. Collecting stamps is a hobby. 2A is the exercise and preservation of civil rights for future generation. RTKABA is ultimately the only protection for 1A which in turn protects all of our rights. If you want a hobby, start an elf on the shelf collection.
 
Hobby? This is not a hobby. Collecting stamps is a hobby. 2A is the exercise and preservation of civil rights for future generation. RTKABA is ultimately the only protection for 1A which in turn protects all of our rights. If you want a hobby, start an elf on the shelf collection.
I agree. I also know that some folks see it is a hobby first. For some it starts out as a need for self preservation, and then morphs into so much more that the initial interest becomes secondary.
I personally see it as a 2A issue first, and a lifelong primary interest second.
 
I don't quite enjoy it as much as I thought I would and it's mainly because of how badly gun owners treat other gun owners. I do, however, find comfort and peace in the security I feel having the firearms I do.
Try imagining the rude ones as a comical version of Sgt Hartman from "Full Metal Jacket". I do this all the time for the forum sweaters that think they're God's gift to whatever thread they've deigned to contribute to. Brings in that levity, if only for me.
1736462682385.png

I just came back to this hobby after 20 years off. Work and lots of kids to raise. So now I have much to catch up on and enjoy. Including teaching my son, who is shipping out for Basic/AIT next month. 🇺🇸
 
Went through a rocky stage in life recently. Instead of moping for too long, I went ahead, dug myself deeper in the hole, and purchased a Daniel Defense upper as retail therapy 🤑😂
Months later and I have just finished building out a Geissele Super Duty… 0 regrets! 😎
This hobby does not have any monetary gain for me, but the satisfaction of a fresh build that is perfectly functioning out the box is so fulfilling!!
I wish I could feel better with just one purchase 😭
 
Yes. I enjoy finding guns I've always wanted and now can afford. Enjoy shooting them and learning their quirks and capabilities. With time have developed a concern of quality over quantity. Buy less but they're more expensive.
 
Yes. I enjoy finding guns I've always wanted and now can afford. Enjoy shooting them and learning their quirks and capabilities. With time have developed a concern of quality over quantity. Buy less but they're more expensive.
I def learned quality is more important than quantity. It's an important lesson. With that said I have quantity of quality now, it just keeps me forever unable to buy a house lol
 
Back
Top Bottom