18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

DOJ concludes federal ban on handgun sales to 18-to-20-year-olds is unconstitutional and cannot be enforced

CAguns-News

⚡️ Member+
CAguns Prime
2026
Messages
15
ca2a-1008-948f3260-f764-40d8-9441-c8c2b430d869.png


Federal law bars licensed dealers from selling handguns to 18-to-20-year-olds, but the DOJ has now concluded that ban is unconstitutional and will not be enforced. It is a federal opinion, not a court ruling, and does not override California's 21-year-old rule.

Read the full article on CA2A.com

Primary source

What does this change mean for California firearm owners? Discuss below.

CA2A Newsroom · AI-generated editorial illustration. Educational information, not legal advice.
 
You’re a day late! But glad this works
 
Why'd we have to use AI for this picture
What picture would you want me to use that’s not royalty based or copyrighted or has privacy issues?

I’m open to ideas.

Or let me put it this way.

I use AI because:
  • I don’t have to pay royalties for stock images
  • I don’t have to use images of real people invading their privacy
  • I can create an image that is owned by the site and modify it freely
  • I’m able to create images and other iterations without charging me like crazy.
AI is a tool that helps reduce cost and increase speed BUT it takes time to get to a steady state.

There’s definitely AI slop, but that isn’t 100% of AI generated content.

For instance, an image by a designer will cost $100 for a few images with 3 revisions. I’ve paid over $1000 in images in the past and I’m only using a couple of them now. Editing them with a designer is prohibitively expensive and had to buy a license for illustrator and photoshop in the past to make minor edits.

These days I invest it into hardware like a newer Mac Studio which I’m using now for $4,5k for the M3 Ultra 96GB and I can create images and also video with them. All from the same purchase. I’m using LTX 2.5 for video generation Qwen 3.8 27B and Qwen 2.1 image and already running out of memory. New Mac Studio is on the way, these also have agents that do different actions across the site and expanding their role. For instance, AI will help me reclassify the manufacturer labels. It's quite complicated to migrate, so I enlist the same AI system to help there as well.

AI is a Swiss Army knife and allows me slice and dice information. I set the different inputs aggregate the data summarize it then generate an image based on the summary. Then I adjust it over time after different iterations and tech stacks.

I’ve used higgsfield ai, OpenAI, sunburst, nano banana 2 , nano banana 2 pro , etc and each iteration changes to see how to adjust images.
 
Last edited:
What picture would you want me to use that’s not royalty based or copyrighted or has privacy issues?

I’m open to ideas.

Or let me put it this way.

I use AI because:
  • I don’t have to pay royalties for stock images
  • I don’t have to use images of real people invading their privacy
  • I can create an image that is owned by the site and modify it freely
  • I’m able to create images and other iterations without charging me like crazy.
AI is a tool that helps reduce cost and increase speed BUT it takes time to get to a steady state.

There’s definitely AI slop, but that isn’t 100% of AI generated content.

For instance, an image by a designer will cost $100 for a few images with 3 revisions. I’ve paid over $1000 in images in the past and I’m only using a couple of them now. Editing them with a designer is prohibitively expensive and had to buy a license for illustrator and photoshop in the past to make minor edits.

These days I invest it into hardware like a newer Mac Studio which I’m using now for $4,5k for the M3 Ultra 96GB and I can create images and also video with them. All from the same purchase. I’m using LTX 2.5 for video generation Qwen 3.8 27B and Qwen 2.1 image and already running out of memory. New Mac Studio is on the way, these also have agents that do different actions across the site and expanding their role. For instance, AI will help me reclassify the manufacturer labels. It's quite complicated to migrate, so I enlist the same AI system to help there as well.

AI is a Swiss Army knife and allows me slice and dice information. I set the different inputs aggregate the data summarize it then generate an image based on the summary. Then I adjust it over time after different iterations and tech stacks.

I’ve used higgsfield ai, OpenAI, sunburst, nano banana 2 , nano banana 2 pro , etc and each iteration changes to see how to adjust images.
Fair enough
 
Back
Top Bottom