18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Domain name

zhyla

Member
Messages
52
This site is getting there but can’t really take off without a name that makes sense. What’s the cost and is there a donation jar people can contribute to?

I assume if we’re not too picky about the name we are talking about $20 right?
 
This site is getting there but can’t really take off without a name that makes sense. What’s the cost and is there a donation jar people can contribute to?

I assume if we’re not too picky about the name we are talking about $20 right?
If we're not too picky about the name, what's wrong with it? ;) I have something up my sleeve.

I don't have a donation jar. I'm doing this as a hobbie project for now. If it grows and people use it, I'll put one up. I was planning on building this for my YouTube channel anyways under a similar name.

This site is mainly for testing and getting feedback and applying what makes sense. It's very easy to criticize but on my end, I have to figure out what's useful (spending time & resources on) vs what's not. My first post on Reddit, didn't go so well. I hope you can understand. I buy another $20 domain, another guy tells me its not good, then what. Then i'm walking down that path instead of building what's more important.
 
Btw, Thanks for joining and contributing! I consider and prioritize most of the suggestions. Considering this site is 9 days old. I'd like to think I made some decent progress, it keeps me going... :D
 
This site is going quite well I think. Please don’t take the feedback as negative criticism. You’re the only Calguns competitor so far that is capable of launching a forum.

If you’re actually trying to brand it as Ikeo… well maybe if you have a popular YouTube channel that will pan out. But I think it may be hard to attract people who just hear about the site.
 
I'm waiting for a domain transfer. I think you'll dig it. ;) Until then, there's quite a bit I'm still working on.

The site isn’t ready just yet. People who are testing functionality are finding a lot of things
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom