18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Don't Waste Your time "I F UP "

Messages
457
Classified ads
1
So yesterday I DMed a seller @ 7:30 PM and I would take what he was selling for the asking price and said I would pay shipping. Overall, not a big problem I can wait a couple of days or so before hearing back. But checked morning and he had been on around 7:30, and just checked again and he was back on @ 3:10 Pm. I gave him my cel and said text me. I am beginning to think that he listed the price not realizing what retail was and regretting his price and maybe I will go away. I am not like that even in business dealings if I somehow state a wrong price I stick to it while kicking myself in the arse and vowing not to do it again.
To me it is the principle of the thing.
I just sent him another DM asking if he was going to respond. What do you guys think.
 
I say you ask him for a chance to settle the problem in an old fashion squabble
 
If I remember contract law correctly, a listing is not a binding offer but rather it’s an advertisement or an invitation to receive offers. Your offer although it is technically what he listed, is not binding until there is an acceptance. However, I don’t know shizz, so don’t listen to me.
 
Last edited:
So yesterday I DMed a seller @ 7:30 PM and I would take what he was selling for the asking price and said I would pay shipping. Overall, not a big problem I can wait a couple of days or so before hearing back. But checked morning and he had been on around 7:30, and just checked again and he was back on @ 3:10 Pm. I gave him my cel and said text me. I am beginning to think that he listed the price not realizing what retail was and regretting his price and maybe I will go away. I am not like that even in business dealings if I somehow state a wrong price I stick to it while kicking myself in the arse and vowing not to do it again.
To me it is the principle of the thing.
I just sent him another DM asking if he was going to respond. What do you guys think.
Truth is that you are being an absolute KAREN. No one is obligated to sell to anyone regardless if you sent an "I'll take it" If the price was too good to be true then you set your set yourself up for disappointment from the jump. AND if the the price was too good to be true how do you know you aren't #30 in a line of 50 who tried to capitalize on a mistake or someones financial desperation.
 
I will get over it, and my name doesn't start with a K.
I F----ed up damn I get into more problems this way. I have to slow down when I read things. Read the ad 2 fast. Sorry for wasting your time.
I always say there is a silver lining in things that happen to you. One time it took me 2 years to find that silver lining. But at least I got my post count up a little.
Thanks for all your replies anyway.
I WISH THERE WAS SOME WAY TO EDIT A TITLE SO I DON'T WASTE ANYBODIES ELSEs TIME
 
Last edited:
So yesterday I DMed a seller @ 7:30 PM yada yada..
many of us stall on a shipping buyer if we have cash f2f ones in play. and many buyers walk away at commitment time. Just last week I had one guy offer me the cash price I was looking for, and come back and change his offer to a trade cheap gun plus a pair of new boots plus cash to fill the gap. Seriously, a pair of boots!!!
 
many of us stall on a shipping buyer if we have cash f2f ones in play. and many buyers walk away at commitment time. Just last week I had one guy offer me the cash price I was looking for, and come back and change his offer to a trade cheap gun plus a pair of new boots plus cash to fill the gap. Seriously, a pair of boots!!!
that’s rough… lol it happens to often. Sometimes I think I’m being trolled. Recently someone made me wait 3 weeks because they were out of town, then the day before the meetup, he tells me he decided to go in another direction and cancels. The way I see it though, it always catches up to you if you’re intentionally doing wrong. However, you can always pay it forward for some good will.
 
I have always found that transactions that start that way, end that way... I walk away.
 
Truth is that you are being an absolute KAREN. No one is obligated to sell to anyone regardless if you sent an "I'll take it" If the price was too good to be true then you set your set yourself up for disappointment from the jump. AND if the the price was too good to be true how do you know you aren't #30 in a line of 50 who tried to capitalize on a mistake or someones financial desperation.

I really wouldn't go so far as to say the OP is being a Karen. I agree 100% that the seller is under no obligation to sell the item at the price he stated, but the honorable thing to do is to contact the potential buyer and just say "hey, I fracked up, can't sell it for that price," rather than leave someone that reached out to you in good faith just hanging.

Unfortunately, honor is something sorely lacking these days.
 
I think that when I'm selling a gun, I'll respond when I am ready. Yes, it would be considerate to respond immediately, but I may have other things to attend to. I don't feel I'm being rude unless I take more than 24 hours to respond. Potential buyers who hammer me to go faster are sending a hint that they may be more trouble than they are worth.

Remember that when you buy through private party transfer, I'm not a business. My convenience is as important as yours.
 
Last edited:
So yesterday I DMed a seller @ 7:30 PM and I would take what he was selling for the asking price and said I would pay shipping. Overall, not a big problem I can wait a couple of days or so before hearing back. But checked morning and he had been on around 7:30, and just checked again and he was back on @ 3:10 Pm. I gave him my cel and said text me. I am beginning to think that he listed the price not realizing what retail was and regretting his price and maybe I will go away. I am not like that even in business dealings if I somehow state a wrong price I stick to it while kicking myself in the arse and vowing not to do it again.
To me it is the principle of the thing.
I just sent him another DM asking if he was going to respond. What do you guys think.
Move on.
 
Back
Top Bottom