18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Review Farwest Photography

Website
https://farwestffl.com/
Location
701 Aldo Ave #51, Santa Clara, CA 95054, USA
Region
  1. NorCal
Sub-Region
Bay Area
Price
5.00 star(s)
Value
5.00 star(s)
Services offered
    • 🤝 PPT
    • 📝 FSC Test
    • 📦 Ammo Transfer
    • 🚚 FFL Transfer
PPT
  1. Appointments Available
Submit reviews using the Reviews tab and discuss it here!
Many perfect transactions with David through out the years, heartily recommended!
 
I did a transfer here and cannot recommend it and would try to avoid it if possible. The guy is nice enough in person, however, communication was difficult, he was late to my appointment and overbooked his other appointments, so the process takes way longer than necessary with all the waiting around.
 
He took and sold 5 guns from my nephew, over a no decision.
He already owned the guns, paid him to store them for a year. Told my nephew he had to run the dros to get them back again, came back no decision. Wouldnt give him back his guns, sold them.
Pass, I do alot of business with shops all over, he is on my short list of I will never do business with ever places


Updated info below
 
Last edited by a moderator:
He took and sold 5 guns from my nephew, over a no decision.
He already owned the guns, paid him to store them for a year. Told my nephew he had to run the dros to get them back again, came back no decision. Wouldnt give him back his guns, sold them.
Pass, I do alot of business with shops all over, he is on my short list of I will never do business with ever places
That's F-ed up. Farwest doing shady stuff possibly to make up for its income loss due to either failure in photography or ffl'ing. I have my own negative reservations about Farwest, but it was not on the FFL'ing side.
 
Of course if I had known before hand, I would have had him transfer them to me. Then go to a different ffl and get them back to him.
Nephew told me all of this after the fact
Not to thread crap, but reasons like this makes it hard for me specifically do business with an FFL that has more than a gun business. They'll always have a need to try and fulfill the other business in-addition to guns, which leads to shady 💩 as shown here. The focus of the FFL won't be primarily on guns. I'd rather find a master than a jack of trades, in this case, jacking stuff from customers in their trade.
 
I have no experience with this FFL or with firearm storage in general, but I was curious after seeing the comments here and spent a couple of minutes looking up storage rules and regulations. From the little I found, it seems like dealers might be required to legally transfer firearms into and out of their posession for storage purposes. Unless I'm reading the code wrong (which is very possible), it seems that they're definitely required to do so if the person storing the firearms did so as a result of prohibitions on ownership of some sort at the very least:

Penal Code 29830 - TRO Transfers
ATF Letter - FFL Firearm Storage

Also, out of genuine curiosity, if someone failed a DROS, how would a third party taking posession and going to a different FFL help at all?
 
Last edited:
He took and sold 5 guns from my nephew, over a no decision.
He already owned the guns, paid him to store them for a year. Told my nephew he had to run the dros to get them back again, came back no decision. Wouldnt give him back his guns, sold them.
Pass, I do alot of business with shops all over, he is on my short list of I will never do business with ever places
I havent sold anyones guns over a denial. I have no idea what you mean. Please contact me over this because I have no clue what this is about.
 
I did a transfer here and cannot recommend it and would try to avoid it if possible. The guy is nice enough in person, however, communication was difficult, he was late to my appointment and overbooked his other appointments, so the process takes way longer than necessary with all the waiting around.
I also have a day job. and yes sometimes I have double booked people due to one person asking for a time and not repsonding to me and i gave tthat time to another person. I try my best to only schedule with confirmation.
 
I have no experience with this FFL or with firearm storage in general, but I was curious after seeing the comments here and spent a couple of minutes looking up storage rules and regulations. From the little I found, it seems like dealers might be required to legally transfer firearms into and out of their posession for storage purposes. Unless I'm reading the code wrong (which is very possible), it seems that they're definitely required to do so if the person storing the firearms did so as a result of prohibitions on ownership of some sort at the very least:

Penal Code 29830 - TRO Transfers
ATF Letter - FFL Firearm Storage

Also, out of genuine curiosity, if someone failed a DROS, how would a third party taking posession and going to a different FFL help at all?
I havent sold anyones TRO guns to anyone. I have quite a few in storage form people here. ATF has looked them over and all are in the books. I cant legally sell anything to anyone on a TRO storage.
 
So Farwest contacted me about this post.
Apparently my nephew didnt do all he could do, and Farwest has NOT sold any of my nephews guns.
I am going to work on getting them back for him.
Thanks for reaching out.
I would strongly advise you go back and edit your post(s) on the topic to include at the bottom a disclaimer in bold font that you were wrong and this did not happen.

I would say just delete but the original wording will still appear in any responses so best to leave it and add in a disclaimer. I'd even suggest changing the font to strikethrough on the original verbiage.
 
I would strongly advise you go back and edit your post(s) on the topic to include at the bottom a disclaimer in bold font that you were wrong and this did not happen.

I would say just delete but the original wording will still appear in any responses so best to leave it and add in a disclaimer. I'd even suggest changing the font to strikethrough on the original verbiage.
They don’t have the ability to edit but we will adjust it and make it known as a strikethrough out of fairness
 
Back
Top Bottom