18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Feedback Reviews

Would you give a buyer that “ghosted” you a neutral, negative or not provide any feedback at all? Ya’ll be safe as always 🤙🏽
Can I get your definition of ghosted?

If me and a buyer agree to a price, location, day & time to meet and then doesn't show up (ghosted). I feel like that merits negative feedback so others get a heads up this user will most likely waste your time.
 
Last edited:
In my opinion, if they agreed to a time and place, but didn’t show up, that’s a negative mark. Anything short of that, including agreeing to buy and then going silent, is neutral. No actual agreement, just a lot of messaging and talk, is no feedback at all.
 
I was already skeptical about this member to begin with and tried to see if he would really pull through this time I made sure that before I even pack up and leave, I gave him a little bit of a test ensure enough this guy never responded the day of the transfer, which was this morning…… the moment this guy messaged me “100 % i’ll buy it tomorrow!” and “This would be the first of many deals!” I immediately got “Gavin Newsom” type of promise vibes lol 😂 so I was really curious to find out if the transfer will really happen….. sure enough it didn’t, good thing I called this members BS out!
 
In my opinion, if they agreed to a time and place, but didn’t show up, that’s a negative mark. Anything short of that, including agreeing to buy and then going silent, is neutral. No actual agreement, just a lot of messaging and talk, is no feedback at all.
Agreeing to sell and then going silent the same?
 
Agreeing to sell and then going silent the same?
I think so. If they agree to buy/sell and then disappear, there’s always the chance something bad happened and they aren’t just a 🍆. Better to err on the side of caution, in my opinion.

I think @ikeo1 even mentioned that multiple neutral ratings of that sort would ding the person.
 
Thats a negative review for sure. A lot of 💩ty buyers in these classifieds. Their word means absolutely nothing, and they could care less if they waste your time
Yeah, this member also had a pattern of low balling in the beginning and would pretend that “it’s all he has” and then would put another offer afterwards…..when you then agree with the price, he would somehow find every excuse not to go through with the transfer…..I think he knows that he can’t get a negative review for doing the “lowball offer then Flake or Ghost” over and over so he just continues on with it…..this time around I actually called him out on it and basically told him I’m skeptical of him actually buying my stuff I pretty much told him to prove me wrong about my assumption….as expected, never responded and I know he’s back on CA Guns again since shows when the member was last in lol 😂 On the bright side, I was quite entertained with all the BS that this dude said 😆
 
FYI, keep your receipts (conversations). We've seen where an "agreement" to buy or sell was never fully confirmed by both sides even though one side perceived it so.
For agreements to meet days in advance, always confirm the day before or day of, before getting in your vehicle and driving to the meet.
Yes sir….kept everything…..both conversations via PM and Text…..also, this member had a previous “Neutral” review from another seller for doing something very similar…..again this member has a pattern (in fact there are a few more that are like this member as well that just put in an offer, agree to time, day and FFL & Ghost) and just doesn’t get called out…..as an active member with 87 Positive Feedbacks both as a seller and buyer I want to make sure that members continue to be transparent, honest and continue to communicate with each other when doing these transactions…..a simple “Sir, I changed my mind, I won’t be able to do the transfer!”
Or “Something came up, my apologies I won’t be able to make it!”works and are accepted by many sellers, traders & buyers……just want to keep things chill especially when doing these transactions 🤙🏽
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom