18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Firearm Identity and Value

ikeo1

2A Developer 👨🏻‍💻
Staff member
CAguns Vendor
CAguns Prime
2026 25+ 2 Mostest
Messages
5,606
Classified ads
5
Hello there Ladies & Gents of C&R

A friend of mine sent this over and wanted to know more about it and what it might possibly be worth. It was passed down to him and he doesn't have a clue and neither do i. I'm hoping some people might help identify this and a rough estimate and any interesting stories about it? Thank you!

53930e4b-c1d8-4ef7-9569-dc6af8e8529d.jpeg
 
Yeah first thoughts when I see this pistol is band of brothers and call of duty. Luger. Not sure on specific model though.
 
post ww1 up to ww2 luger. early aluminum nickle tube magazine. strawing appears to be almost gone . year date is on top. the maker will be on the toggle. the markings under the barrel might show caliber. 9 or .30luger.
 
Here’s some extra pics looks like 1937 S/42 but don’t know the maker
 

Attachments

  • d7ea7bd9-3812-4f30-9ef5-b123b62d70cf.jpeg
    d7ea7bd9-3812-4f30-9ef5-b123b62d70cf.jpeg
    52.9 KB · Views: 7
  • ece65c14-6ee7-4151-bc66-97181239e0ef.jpeg
    ece65c14-6ee7-4151-bc66-97181239e0ef.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 12a3e240-13fd-46fa-a61c-1c71dc43ff2d.jpeg
    12a3e240-13fd-46fa-a61c-1c71dc43ff2d.jpeg
    100.2 KB · Views: 8
Post on calguns c&r sub forum.
 
Go to google on your cell phone and use the camera Icon take a pic of it and will identify it. I advised another member to do that on a revolver cylinder, and it told him what revolver it went to. The Google icon works for all sorts of things. Give it a try.
 
Go to google on your cell phone and use the camera Icon take a pic of it and will identify it. I advised another member to do that on a revolver cylinder, and it told him what revolver it went to. The Google icon works for all sorts of things. Give it a try.
Thanks I used chatGPT but wanted to get more real life info I guess ..
 
I think it's been refinished. I don't really see the straw finish on the parts that should be straw, but I could be wrong. A very rough ballpark is $1300-$2000 depending on condition, internals, how much of it is matching, etc. There is a luger forum you can post on and get some good info.
 
Just for ghits & siggles here is something’s I just did. Also if it has many possibilities it will list them. You have to enlarge pics to identify.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3985.png
    IMG_3985.png
    93.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3986.png
    IMG_3986.png
    80.2 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3987.png
    IMG_3987.png
    94.4 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_3988.png
    IMG_3988.png
    68.3 KB · Views: 5
Back
Top Bottom