18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

FNX-45 Opinions Please

yeah many companies make "tactical" models with threaded barrels, but if they come into CA those barrels go away

here's one that's listed in the classifieds. depending on where you PPT it, that threaded barrel could be a problem
 
A few months ago there was about 4-5 listed in the 1750-2.5 range. Not sure about now
for 1750 id snag one....if OP can find it under 2k id hope on it. I have only heard raving reviews of it. I had a chance to get a FNX 9 couple years ago but passed on it to hold out for a 45 in the future. also dont settle for the FNP or FNS, for some reason my FNP just didnt feel the same after i shot my buddies FNX
 
for 1750 id snag one....if OP can find it under 2k id hope on it. I have only heard raving reviews of it. I had a chance to get a FNX 9 couple years ago but passed on it to hold out for a 45 in the future. also dont settle for the FNP or FNS, for some reason my FNP just didnt feel the same after i shot my buddies FNX
Thanks for the comments. Everything has been very positive about this weapon and I think I can acquire it for 'significantly' less than the price you mentioned. I am now seriously considering this!
 
I was looking at a CZ97B today and decided against it for a number of reasons.

I was also offered a FNX-45, off roster weapon that is basically brand new, never fired. I respect FN, they make world class weapons but I am not familiar with this model. Hoping to get opinions from the group not only on the weapon but on what would be considered a fair price?
I love my FNX.45. I also bought the .45 tactical slide so I could mount an optic. I have taken two training classes with it and has never failed. It is now one of my CCW carry guns, weather and clothing permitting.
 
The slides are interchangeable so someone could have swapped slides or they could have just swapped barrels if it was threaded and coming into CA. I love the fit on the FNX 45 line and would strongly recommend it.

FNs-1.jpg
 
The slides are interchangeable so someone could have swapped slides or they could have just swapped barrels if it was threaded and coming into CA. I love the fit on the FNX 45 line and would strongly recommend it.
Yes, I would say you do love the line, very nice collection. Nicely equipped too!
 
I was looking at a CZ97B today and decided against it for a number of reasons.

I was also offered a FNX-45, off roster weapon that is basically brand new, never fired. I respect FN, they make world class weapons but I am not familiar with this model. Hoping to get opinions from the group not only on the weapon but on what would be considered a fair price?
I had the FNX 45 non tactical version. Sold it for $1400. It was set up as an open gun, extended barrel, cmore sight, optic mount, etc. It was a fine pistol, but had the infamous "click" that could not be fixed. They all do this. When you pulled the trigger it would go click before it went bang
 
Back
Top Bottom