18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Found this California based company selling "linear compensators". T&C waives any objections to jurisdictions in California.

W.H.O.

Wrong Handed
CAguns Supporter
Founder 2026 2
Messages
167
Am I reading this wrong? They clearly are selling modifiable compensators without stating that they may be considered precursor parts for nfa items.Terms and conditions state that you waive all rights to object to a California court by purchasing from their site.

Someone who didn't know the law could actually be honey potted into a federal case...



 
Seems no different than companies that sell <16" barrels and say the same thing. All nfa rules apply. Buy and do something dumb with it and you can't sue the company for selling it to you.
 
Seems no different than companies that sell <16" barrels and say the same thing. All nfa rules apply. Buy and do something dumb with it and you can't sue the company for selling it to you.
I see your point, but there's a difference in California between having a <16" barrel and having nfa precursor parts. Can't really assume that you have intent to get a stamp for a home made suppressor here. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that if it's capable of unscrewing on both ends of the tube, it's already considered a suppressor even if it doesn't have baffles.

And maybe I'm overly suspicious, but them SPECIFICALLY stating that by using their site you forego your right to object to being tried in a California court is just....odd....
 
It seems like an absolute set up. They would much rather go after some gun nerd than Nortenos and Surenos.
 
I see your point, but there's a difference in California between having a <16" barrel and having nfa precursor parts. Can't really assume that you have intent to get a stamp for a home made suppressor here. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that if it's capable of unscrewing on both ends of the tube, it's already considered a suppressor even if it doesn't have baffles.

And maybe I'm overly suspicious, but them SPECIFICALLY stating that by using their site you forego your right to object to being tried in a California court is just....odd....
then Home depot would be selling millions of unregistered nfa precursor parts by selling threaded plumbing pipe. have you ever seen airsoft mock suppressors that contain tracer units, it’s going to blow your mind, that it let you unscrew the front end cup to put in new batteries.
 
Am I reading this wrong? They clearly are selling modifiable compensators without stating that they may be considered precursor parts for nfa items.Terms and conditions state that you waive all rights to object to a California court by purchasing from their site.

Someone who didn't know the law could actually be honey potted into a federal case...
I see your point, but there's a difference in California between having a <16" barrel and having nfa precursor parts. Can't really assume that you have intent to get a stamp for a home made suppressor here. Additionally, I'm pretty sure that if it's capable of unscrewing on both ends of the tube, it's already considered a suppressor even if it doesn't have baffles.

And maybe I'm overly suspicious, but them SPECIFICALLY stating that by using their site you forego your right to object to being tried in a California court is just....odd....
TL;DR the attachment. But your two statements donʻt align. Where in the document is this clause?
 
Back
Top Bottom