18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

G48 MOS vs P356 X Macro vs Shield Plus?

I have both G43X (shorter G48) and Sig P365X on my CCW. In the summer I carry the Sig. Smaller and easier to conceal for me with summer close. Winter the G43X. I have a box full of holsters that do not work for either from the major brands to the gimmicky belly bands and Vanish. I must have ~20 or so.

I carry the Sig P365 more than the G43x and it conceals better and more comfortable for me. I'm 5'7" 195 so a short stocky dude.

I now only have two holsters for each that work amazingly for me.
  • Stealthgear Ventcore 2.0 - Super comfy and holds the gun secure. I carry at 3:30
  • Bravo Concealment - I know I know some will laugh, but I have both an IWB and OWB for each gun. Super simple and holds well.

Maybe get a G43(x) slide for you G48 and have the best of both worlds.
I carried in stealth gear for years… but loving blackpoint tactical miniwing. Also feel more secure in full kydex. I too have a box full of holsters, I think it just happens I have at least 15, including my prior daily stealthgear (at least I used it for years before it entered the drawer..
 
I like the G26.5 with an Pearce pinky extension over all those. It shoots as well as a G19 but conceals better. The width doesn’t bother me at all, I just leave the belt a little wider and it feels so much better in the hand than the skinny grips of the ones named. Depends on hand size I guess.
 
Xmacro is bigger then a 43. And aboutbthe same on a43x. However i shot a 43x with the ran jet and still think my Xmacro comp shot softer. Id shoot all the gun you can then make your choicenthe Xmacro and 43x smaller then a g19. Im 6'2 240 carry a xmacro trl7 sub eps carry daily coming from the shield 1.0 eps carry no light. And i was not a fan on a light on my ccw make it a wider csrry but love the p365 trl7 setup.
 
I have the P365 XMacro and the Shield Plus, which I bought at the same time.

When I can't decide between 2 guns, I buy them both, own them for a while and sell one (or both) if I don't like it.

In this case, I ended up keeping BOTH pistols, as I really liked both of them. They are great, modern carry guns, and have very good triggers, capacity and functions for the purposes of carry, size, concealment... and easy CA/Agency compliance.

I keep them both stock, and practice a lot with them, as they are my primary carry guns now, having replaced older generations of common carry guns.

Sure there are some small differences between the 2, but I don't like to over-think things. I rely instead on how much practice I have for that particular weapon. I can interchange between these 2 pistols, without any issue at all. I shoot and carry them both with the same results and satisfaction.

You really can't go wrong with either gun.

With all that said, if I absolutely had to choose only ***ONE*** I'll go with the XMacro due to larger capacity, and I personally like the grip better. I can also easily stick a light on it, if need be.

Hope that helps, best of luck.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom