18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Glock 34 newbie - home defense failure to feed

Like other have suggested amything for ccw or home defense you leave stock period. If you have to use it any DA will prosecute you and ring up the enhanced parts or aftermarket changes you made and say it wa sto be more lethal. Ot is the CA way. Also dont get cheap woth life saving ammo. Buy the HST or hire any critical duty. It is reliable and works every time.
Ummm... what???
 
Like other have suggested amything for ccw or home defense you leave stock period. If you have to use it any DA will prosecute you and ring up the enhanced parts or aftermarket changes you made and say it wa sto be more lethal. ................

Has this actually ever actually happened?
 
Has this actually ever actually happened?
I do belive it was used in some other commie state like Massachusetts or Maryland. Someone modified their g17 and also had punisher stickers on their magplates.

And they also had an Ar 15 with a dust cover sticker that said Infidel. This was all brought in court by the DA to pose the person as worse than they were. Basically citing they intentions of killing someone like the punisher.

In CA nothing would surprise me from any DA doing the same dame thing or worse. I used to have the same stickers on my mag plates to distinguish them from my friends or others if I was at a class. I took all of then off and used yellow paint to mark them.

I have had to use my gun now in self defense 2x here in CA and both times havent had an issue thank God. Hopefully there is no need for a 3rd.

Plain stock for the win for self defense. I have my race guns for fun.
 
I don't own any stock guns lol
 
I do belive it was used in some other commie state like Massachusetts or Maryland. Someone modified their g17 and also had punisher stickers on their magplates.

And they also had an Ar 15 with a dust cover sticker that said Infidel. This was all brought in court by the DA to pose the person as worse than they were. Basically citing they intentions of killing someone like the punisher.

In CA nothing would surprise me from any DA doing the same dame thing or worse. I used to have the same stickers on my mag plates to distinguish them from my friends or others if I was at a class. I took all of then off and used yellow paint to mark them.

I have had to use my gun now in self defense 2x here in CA and both times havent had an issue thank God. Hopefully there is no need for a 3rd.

Plain stock for the win for self defense. I have my race guns for fun.

Yes. We've seen several extremes in the exercise of prosecutorial discretion recently in California. Compare the abbreviated tenures of DAs Chesa Boudin and Pamela Price who were recalled from office for failing to seek appropriate charges for criminals and attempting to silence critics with prosecutorial overreach.
 
I`v been hearing that stock Glocks are super reliable, but I got mine broken, almost new, measly 300 rounds through. The plastic end cap (for the lack of better terms) on the recoil rod somehow got detached and the slide of my Glock got stuck about 1-2mm out of the normal position, which I had to ask a local gunsmith to fix (which he did quite fast but he had to use a mallet for that)
 
Back
Top Bottom