18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Glock frame modifications

My theory is that if you are into customizing your glock you want to do it yourself, so buying one that's already done isn't as fun. Then there's the fact that 80% of glock owners are the ones that want it OEM stock, and that's not the worst idea when buying used because people can do some bad mods. Glocks can be the most reliable gun when stock and the one with the most problem with bad mods like slides and barrels that don't quite work right.
Got it thanks.

Could the bad aftermarket slides and barrels be because of some of the lower quality and lower price options that have tolerance or out spec issues? I’ve read some things about feeding issues when it comes to certain JHP; so they end up polishing the feed ramp?
 
If any folks who already have professionally stippled Glocks (or otherwise) and can speak to the up/downsides of stippling - disregarding sale/resale value - as well as the particular areas and/or patterns (if it makes a difference) that would be much appreciated.

How did it hold up over time?

Any compromise in wet or cold weather?

Better than grip tape (which I currently use)?

Would you do it again? If so, same pattern patters/areas or something else?
 
If any folks who already have professionally stippled Glocks (or otherwise) and can speak to the up/downsides of stippling - disregarding sale/resale value - as well as the particular areas and/or patterns (if it makes a difference) that would be much appreciated.

How did it hold up over time?

Any compromise in wet or cold weather?

Better than grip tape (which I currently use)?

Would you do it again? If so, same pattern patters/areas or something else?
So far I have a G19 and a G34 both done by Juggernaut, my wife has a G19 done by them as well. (full mod package including optic cut and cerakote slides on 19's and just frame-only on 34)

There have been many, many rounds through all 3 and so far just a bit of wear in the magwell area.
Haven't really tested in wet or cold conditions but I'd imagine that the extra grip is helpful in those situations.
The removal of the finger grooves and better ergonomics makes a tremendous difference for both of us, in fact the stock gen3 is not really enjoyable after getting used to the JT frame mods

I would absolutely do it again with JT or look in to any similar offerings.

Hope this helps.
 
Got it thanks.

Could the bad aftermarket slides and barrels be because of some of the lower quality and lower price options that have tolerance issues? I’ve read some things about feeding issues when it comes to certain JHP; so they end up polishing the feed ramp?
it's not even necessarily the cheap ones, I have had cheap ones that were fine but like Lone Wolf and Zaffiri barrels and slides historically have had a lot of issues and those aren't always cheap. Even feeding just round nose hollow points I've seen a lot of issues. You never really know though when you are buying it used, it could be fine it could be a mess so buying a stock gun to customize is best.
 
So far I have a G19 and a G34 both done by Juggernaut, my wife has a G19 done by them as well. (full mod package including optic cut and cerakote slides on 19's and just frame-only on 34)

There have been many, many rounds through all 3 and so far just a bit of wear in the magwell area.
Haven't really tested in wet or cold conditions but I'd imagine that the extra grip is helpful in those situations.
The removal of the finger grooves and better ergonomics makes a tremendous difference for both of us, in fact the stock gen3 is not really enjoyable after getting used to the JT frame mods

I would absolutely do it again with JT or look in to any similar offerings.

Hope this helps.
Thanks! That’s super helpful!

The full mod G3 package looks pretty good for everything they offer/include - might consider cerakote since it seems to be included.

Unfortunately, I run Holosun 509T on my full-size Glocks which requires Acro cut and they only do RMR.

What’s the approximate turnaround from the time you shipped them?
 
Thanks! That’s super helpful!

The full mod G3 package looks pretty good for everything they offer/include - might consider cerakote since it seems to be included.

Unfortunately, I run Holosun 509T on my full-size Glocks which requires Acro cut and they only do RMR.

What’s the approximate turnaround from the time you shipped them?

The turnaround was relatively quick, I believe it was about 2 weeks for the frame only one which was my most recent and 3 weeks for the full mod package. First time I actually went and dropped it off in person but the next I just did it by sending it in.
Was impressed by the speed
 
If any folks who already have professionally stippled Glocks (or otherwise) and can speak to the up/downsides of stippling - disregarding sale/resale value - as well as the particular areas and/or patterns (if it makes a difference) that would be much appreciated.

How did it hold up over time?

Any compromise in wet or cold weather?

Better than grip tape (which I currently use)?

Would you do it again? If so, same pattern patters/areas or something else?


I have a G45 that was stippled by laser blade engraving and they did a really good job imo. They do an enhanced finger groove/undercut and that really made the gun more ergonomic, at least for me. It has definitely improved the grip when shooting fast. I have the gas pedal cuts as well which I like but I don’t think they are necessary either.

I think as long as you get quality work and don’t get too crazy with the patterns it won’t hurt resale too much.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0610.webp
    IMG_0610.webp
    201.2 KB · Views: 6
Back
Top Bottom