18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Hands on With the Rost Martin Rm1c - An Unbeatable Value

Held one of these at my LGS and could not get over how cheap it felt. Very plastic-y in an almost kel-tec way. Wanted to love it for the price but alas...

I think the grip texture (or lack thereof) plays a big part in how plastic-y the gun feels. Maybe some rougher grips would improve that.
 
Held one of these at my LGS and could not get over how cheap it felt. Very plastic-y in an almost kel-tec way. Wanted to love it for the price but alas...
After getting my hands on it, I tend to agree. I'm planning on adding some grip tape to see if it helps.
 
What do y'all think of the Rost Martin vs the Canik MC9LS which was also recently added to the roster? They seem very similar in price point and features (though I can't find the MC9LS for sale yet.
 
Last edited:
What do y'all think of the Rost Martin vs the Canik MC9LS which was also recently added to the roster? They seem very similar in price point and features (though I can't find the MC9LS for sale yet.

4" vs 3.6" barrel - depends on what you need. I will also state that some Caniks have been proven to not be drop safe, although I've never owned one.

I would probably wait until you could rent both and then try them out in person.
 
Unfortunately very few rental options in the bay area. Noob question, I want to do steel challenge production division but the Rost Martin isn't listed there yet. Will that be a hindrance? It would just be for fun, not really competing/ranking etc.
 
It would be nice if they offered it from the factory with the performance trigger (assuming it will pass the drop test).
I'm sure they could do it for considerably less than the $95 aftermarket price.
It would be the consumer friendly approach.
Until they do that, I'm out.
 
I have about 700rds through mine and I really like it. Though it's my first gun so don't have a lot to compare it to. Zero failures or issues shooting.

I did notice once after cleaning it once that the trigger wasn't resetting after pulling it but releasing it before the wall. The culprit was the magazine disconnect safety causing too much friction on the trigger. I lubricated that interface and the problem went away.

It is a bit more compact than id like as I have medium-large hands so i have been trying to increase the grip size. Have experimented with tennis grip tape, bike tubes and now just ordered a Hogue P365 XMacro grip for it. Hopefully it fits!

Just ordered a Holosun 407C to mount and looking forward to that!
 
I have about 700rds through mine and I really like it. Though it's my first gun so don't have a lot to compare it to. Zero failures or issues shooting.

I did notice once after cleaning it once that the trigger wasn't resetting after pulling it but releasing it before the wall. The culprit was the magazine disconnect safety causing too much friction on the trigger. I lubricated that interface and the problem went away.

It is a bit more compact than id like as I have medium-large hands so i have been trying to increase the grip size. Have experimented with tennis grip tape, bike tubes and now just ordered a Hogue P365 XMacro grip for it. Hopefully it fits!

Just ordered a Holosun 407C to mount and looking forward to that!
Try changing the backstrap to the larger one. It is a compact and comes with the medium.
 
Beginner question here. Sportsman Outdoor Superstore has the FDE 15/17rd version for $345 shipped. Will California FFLs receive the gun as is and transfer it to me without the magazines (or with the magazines pinned to 10rd)? It doesn't appear to be a separate California sku or model on the Roster but I know Palmetto has the 10rd version for $415 + $20 shipping.
You have to do a firearms demonstration at the dealer. Without magazines, that is impossible. Few, if any, CA retailers will receive LCMs and withhold them from purchase because the SKU will still bomb at OAG. owill they and receive or convert them to <10 rd mags for sale due to liability with the state.
 
Back
Top Bottom