18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Heavy bullets in .257 Wthby

Rickvs

Active member
Messages
106
I just got my .257 Wthby Vanguard back from ER Shaw custom with a new 7.5" twist barrel. With the Weatherby freebore, I am anxious to try out the new long, heavy .257" bullets. I hope that these long bullets at a fairly high velocity will be great for long range shooting. I wonder if I can find any loads for those? Or will I have to (cautiously!) work up my own? Anyone tried the 128-135 gr bullets from Hornady?
 
Back
Top Bottom