Like most of the folks here, I do wet tumbling for brass prep. I only reload 9mm so far, so this might be specific only to 9mm. I'm reloading with a
frankford arsenal rotary tumbler.
My usual recipe is:
* 17 lbs of brass + tumbler case (so weight of brass in tumbler case with no pins). Sometimes I get lazy and I eyeball to where the tumbler case narrows
* 5 lbs of stainless steel pins
* 1 tbsp dawn
* 1 9mm cap of lemishine
* Fill with water until 1 inch below the top (should come out ~30 lbs)
I'll wet tumble that for 2 - 2.5 hours. When thats done, I'll separate the pins from the brass and rinse off any suds in a
Frankford Arsenal Platinum Series Wet/Dry Rotary Media Separator. As a side note, I had the Quick n ez separator before, but it was not as helpful and easy to use as the platinum series. The platinum series had a side with a media screen at the bottom, so you rinse the brass on that side and let the water flow through, instead of having the dirty water pool up in the bin. I also use a
Frankford Arsenal Media Magnet to move pins around when I need to.
Once the brass and pins are separated, I'll dump the brass on a large towel to remove the excess water. This also helps remove any pins left in. I have a
cheapo food dehydrator that I use for drying my brass (also works well for drying 3d printer filament) so I'll dry it for an hour ish while I start my next batch of brass
Also, I found a website thats list the number of empty casing + primers by lb, which I found useful for trying to figure out how many casings I was processing at once:
We've calculated the brass counts by weight for many calibers. Arm or Ally has bulk brass and reloading components for your pistol and rifle reloading needs
www.armorally.com