18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Help me figure out what to get next with my 2024 GSSF voucher

What should I get?


  • Total voters
    10

SteamedHams

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
Messages
253
The only (CA) Glocks that I don't have yet that are voucher eligible and available at the local Blue Label dealer is the G26, G34, and G35. Already have a G27 with a conversion barrel, so G26 seems a bit redundant. On the other hand, the G34 and G35 are just a G17 and G22 with a longer slide, so that's also of questionable value. And no, throwing away the voucher is not an option :D
 
I got a win at richmond will sell my voucher do not need another glock.
have fun
 
Ewww lol I voted 34 because 9mm is God’s caliber. But I’d ultimately vote to sell to put money towards a 2011 🤘🏻

You just haven’t been around long enough. All the boomers all swear that when God came down from the heavens and took human form that he was carrying a 1911 and it was chambered in .45 ACP.
 
You just haven’t been around long enough. All the boomers all swear that when God came down from the heavens and took human form that he was carrying a 1911 and it was chambered in .45 ACP.
Oh I know them boomers! Funny enough I was a very early adopter of the 9mm 1911/2011. I’d always get so much crap over on 1911 forums. You go over there now, and it’s harder to come across a 1911 in 45. Everybody realized how fun the 9 is in that platform
 
everyone know god shoots a 45 acp in a 1911, Jesus shoots a 9mm in a 17 glock. lol
 
I'd get a 35 and then buy a 9mm conversion barrel.
 
I wasn’t really a believer in the 34 till I got one. My favorite Glock by far at this point. I thought that the 34 was just a long slide 17, but shooting the 34 made me a believer…piece of advice-get some decent replacement sights ASAP. I also put a Vickers extended mag release on mine as I prefer the rounded edges to the OEM extended mag release.
 
I wasn’t really a believer in the 34 till I got one. My favorite Glock by far at this point. I thought that the 34 was just a long slide 17, but shooting the 34 made me a believer…piece of advice-get some decent replacement sights ASAP. I also put a Vickers extended mag release on mine as I prefer the rounded edges to the OEM extended mag release.
What made you a believer it is not a 17 with a longer slide? Isn't the lower exactly the same?
 
What made you a believer it is not a 17 with a longer slide? Isn't the lower exactly the same?
I think that aesthetically, that’s exactly what it is, and I get that, but the balance and recoil impulse feels substantially different from the 17 to me. Maybe it’s better to put it this way: I was surprised that the difference between the 17 and 34 was so stark and that I liked the 34 so much more than the 17.
 
I get what you mean now.

I do not have a gen 3 34 to compare with a 17 gen 3. I have the gen 5 on both. The gen 5 doesn't have the window cut on top of the slide and everyone who has shot my 34 vs 17 preferred the 17. I got rid of my 34 because it wasn't better than 17 in any way for me. If I were to pick up another Glock, I'd give 35 a try myself.
 
Back
Top Bottom