18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Question HK VP9A1F Slide Release Lever Issue

leonvmetcalf

⚠️ New Member | No Deposits ☢️
Messages
1
Classified ads
1
Anyone run into this? Not sure if this is a defect/issue but the right slide release moves when I move the trigger. This is the CA compliant model BTW, and I haven’t noticed anything similar to this on my Walther PDP.

Video: https://mega.nz/file/56o3TIhT#duQiFsoeGB91nm157rGFbhnIUZhf6heTUVGXuvc_wAw

EDIT: I looked it up at the HK forum and apparently it’s normal. Put 150 rounds through the gun today and it didn’t blow up so I think it’s good.
 
Last edited:
I didn’t watch your video, because I’m unfamiliar with the URL.

I just checked my VP9F. There’s no movement in the slide release with trigger press. The entire slide moves almost imperceptibly forward.

I have about 1000 rounds through mine so far. Has been great.
 
Back
Top Bottom