18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

"Is California’s assault weapons ban on target?" from capitolweekly

Long read, but the writer was confused a bit about the California rifle options. I'm sure the people who brought the rifles confused him based on a few things. It was written well and in a way that may help someone who didn't know much about guns to understand that the legislation coming from people who don't know about guns doesn't work... so I appreciate that, but it wasn't written to be a pro-2A piece. It was also good that the writer explained many common misconceptions to educate the non-gun-owning reader. I'd consider this a decent article to send to a friend or family member who doesn't understand these things and may be for "AW" bans. But before sending it, I would mention that I don't agree with everything written, but it is a good starting point to open up the conversation. Thanks for posting @dang
 
Back
Top Bottom