By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
Some of the gun magazine writers (wannabe experts) would have us believe that we should only have one gun to carry, because we're incomentent simpletons who can't handle multiple firearms proficiently. I don't agree with them. Different situations and different styles of dress require different guns. Good on ya.
Funny enough I have the exact same issue and I find myself carrying my CZ p01 AIWB more and more now that I realized that for me, cross draw (11 oāclock) is the MOST comfortable for ME.Some days I feel like full size carrying my Glock17 with freedom week mags, some days its the compact SIG, and some days just calls for the Shield ...
![]()

What's a safety?I believe that you should carry what fits you best with the caveat- if you primary carry guns with no safety, don't carry one with a safety and expect to be able to perform the same way under pressure you're in for a surprise. And vice versa ....
The biggest issue, is that people need to train, train, train, and train. A lot of us get lazy and buy the gear but forget about the training, or at least regular practicingSome of the gun magazine writers (wannabe experts) would have us believe that we should only have one gun to carry, because we're incomentent simpletons who can't handle multiple firearms proficiently. I don't agree with them. Different situations and different styles of dress require different guns. Good on ya.
And train some more.The biggest issue, is that people need to train, train, train, and train. A lot of us get lazy and buy the gear but forget about the training, or at least regular practicing
I started shooting late in life. It took putting thousands of rounds down range, taking classes and competing with my EDC to figure it out. Iām best with the one Iāve shot most. Under advice , Iāve taken classes and shot USPSA and CCW matches with my everyday set up. While I have 3 on my permit, Iām only decent with two as those are the two Iāve trained and competed with and pressure tested. The P-01 has a little over 10,000 rds and the p365 XL 3,000 in its present configuration. I donāt carry the G19 because itās so different with the grip angle and Iāve never competed with it. For me , as a mediocre shooter , Iāve had to practice drawing , presentation and transitions a thousand times to be middling. Throwing a Glock in with its completely different grip angle and muscle memory, undoes the other training. If your goal is to be able to draw quickly and accurately and get shots on target under stress , it takes a lot of training. Changing platforms just makes that harder. I would ditch the G19 for a polymer CZ75 to keep the mechanics and manual of arms the same. Itās possible to get a draw to first accurate shot under stress or while moving and drawing in 1.5-2 seconds.Some of the gun magazine writers (wannabe experts) would have us believe that we should only have one gun to carry, because we're incomentent simpletons who can't handle multiple firearms proficiently. I don't agree with them. Different situations and different styles of dress require different guns. Good on ya.