18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

LCP Max 380 magazine release

Messages
464
Classified ads
1
I have read that when the LCP 380 came out there was problems with a weak mag release spring and the mag falling out during range time practice. Looks like they fixed it with the LCP Max. Damn that is the hardest mag release I have ever felt, I will be calling Ruger on Monday to see if I can lighten it up a little, I am left-handed so using my index finger to operate.
It may be because of the ridge surrounding the button. I am going to try to add a piece of a pencil eraser to see if that would help and go from there.
Just thought I would through it out here to see if there are any suggestions
 
Just DROSed one. Right handed and didn’t have any problems while handling it. A lot of improvements over my LCP!

Only one mag with the gun so picked up a 2 pack from grabagun.

Two DeSantis holsters.

Please update the thread to let others know if and how you resolved the issue.
 
Being lefthanded and using my index finger I found that I had to move my finger forward on the mag release to get it to actuate, it is doable with a little discomfort.
Another way I found is taking my support hand over the top of the slide and using my thumb to press mag release. Looking at it now I think removing some of the ridge from around the release could possibly fix my problem. Just not ready to do that yet.
 
It is funny how our brains work. Thought about mag release when going to sleep & thought of button magnets so just gave it a try, perfect size and solves my problem. May make it a little too tall but front pocked carry so no real concern. Going to try different thicknesses then permanently attach.
 

Attachments

  • lcp max mag release.jpg
    lcp max mag release.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 5
Hmm…..I’d get a hold of Galloway and let them know what’s going on. Maybe they can make you an extended mag release or have some ideas about the spring pressure.

 
Back
Top Bottom