18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Lead Exposure and Range Safety — What’s Your Routine?

I do vaguely remember reading that different folks retain lead amounts differently, which makes sense. Maybe I'm just a lucky one. I'm not extra careful, but I do wash my hands before eating and hardly ever shoot indoors, though I shoot and am around shooting more than most.
 
I have range only clothes that is washed seperately, I take magnesium/calcium supplements, wash hands with good lead removing soap, use lead removing wipes on other areas of skin (forearms, neck, face) and shower when I get home.
 
Unfortunate your blood lead levels are so high despite such extensive precautions. I'm starting to wonder if we should be masking up while on the range. (Just thinking out loud, don't come to my house with torches and pitch forks please :) )

How long have you been following this regimen? Might there be another source that would account for these levels?

I see there are treatment options for high lead. I hope you take advantage of them.

Thanks for sharing your experiences. This is very informative.

I mask at the range indoors, not usually outdoors.

I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about it.

I use the lead wipes to clean my hands and bag my clothes for a rinse down before putting them back into the laundry rotation my kids are exposed to.
 
I mask at the range indoors, not usually outdoors.

I couldn't care less what anyone thinks about it.

I use the lead wipes to clean my hands and bag my clothes for a rinse down before putting them back into the laundry rotation my kids are exposed to.
None of that hurts you or anyone around you. Carry on, and screw anyone that talks 💩 about it.
 
I change out of my range clothes (shoes included) and put them in a bag before getting in my car. The clothes go right from my car trunk into the washing machine and then I hop in the shower.
 
I shoot nearly every weekend, most of the time both Sat and Sun. I RO all the time so I am near other shooters too. I reload moly coated bullets. I work matches regularly. I do range maintenance, build props, handle props that have been laying on the range when I build stages and tear down, etc. Only shoot outdoors except for bi-annual CCW quals which is indoors. No special process, no special clothes. I use DLead wipes most of the time after a match. Will wash hands before going out to eat after but sometimes eat on the range without washing.

My last test was 4.0.
 
Back
Top Bottom