By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
So apparently, he’s been to the range in Japatul as a guest to a member. Said it was nice, chill and wasn’t crowded at the time.
All I got as he went only went once.
I was a member of South Bay Rod and Gun Club about 20+ years ago. I liked it but just stopped going as I started using work ranges and BLM.You need to know that it's a club, not generally open to the public. If there is an event that is open to the public, you'd be fine. They might have memberships open. Years ago there was a waiting list, but I know they opened up for new members years ago - just don't know current status. They have a rifle range out to 200 years, and special events can go to 300. There is a trap range, and sporting clays are set up at times. Their calendar will give info.
South Bay Rod and Gun Club is more open to the public, you'd need to check the calendar for them too. If they have RO's staffed, anyone can go. Dues are not bad. If you are interested in shooting sports they have activities also. South Bay has rifle to 300.
It's been there a while.* In the early 1980's I shot a few CMP matches there and ordered my Garand. We had 3 full relays for the main range. CMP even provided a bandolier of .30-06 for competitors shooting that caliber. Far less competitors now. AR's are way easier to shoot for that sort of match, but ammo costs are up and people don't have the interest any more. Sad. They also have a reduced range Palma/F style match once a month.I was a member of South Bay Rod and Gun Club about 20+ years ago. I liked it but just stopped going as I started using work ranges and BLM.
SBRG has multiple ranges and distances. Check their monthly calendar to which ranges are open on which days. I would go to BLM (Pinkgate) but with fire season all BLM is closed.I was a member of South Bay Rod and Gun Club about 20+ years ago. I liked it but just stopped going as I started using work ranges and BLM.