18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Mill for EPS (K footprint) or RMR and use RMR to EPS Plate

Ron Swanson

Well-known member
Messages
329
Classified ads
1
Having a hard time deciding on if i should have a glock milled direct for an EPS or have it done for a RMR and then using the EPS plate in case I change my mind about the EPS.

The places I want to do the slide work also don't seem to offer a MOS cut, so that isn't an option, but seems like a lot of RMR to ACRO/K/Deltapoint should i decide to try any of those.

What input can anyone offer?
 
i can buy 2 eps optics for the price of 1 rmr, with negligible performance differences. if you only ever going to buy 1 and done though, go rmr.

they also make pre cut slides directly in RMR footprint for the same price as a mill if you just trynna try it out. rmr is a harder ask for me when im trynna put optics on 5+ firearms
I do have 2 guns with RMRs on them, decided to sell off one of the RMR's, and I got an SCS MOS in a sale that I ended up liking the circle dot, but not liking the green. Already bought an EPS MRS in red to try, just need to decide on what to put it on. But yeah, putting a RMR on everything is a little more than I want to spend.

The RMR I want to sell is coming off a zev post gun so there isn't any adapter for that to the K print yet, and the other RMR, i just don't want to take that one off.
 
If you want the EPS, then get it milled for the EPS. They are great optics and I don't think you will be disappointed. The RMR cut is, however, more universal. If you aren't sure what you want then that is the direction I would go. I don't particularly care for the RMR itself, but there are plenty of other great optics from Holosun (507 Comp) etc that use the same foot print.
 
Yeah not being sure of wanting it in the long run is where I am at. Leaning toward RMR cut, as of right now ID stick to RMR or holosuns, the 508t which would be my other non RMR choice for the red circle dot would fit on an RMR cut.
 
I would pick the EPS over the 508T. I have both (my EPS is the Carry), and am actually looking to get rid of the 508T. The titanium doesn't really add anything to these optics and the finish is not holding up as well along the edges. The window isn't that large and has a fair amount of distortion/fish eye around the edge. The EPS is much clearer and the enclosed emitter makes cleaning the glass and keeping lint etc out so much easier.
 
I would pick the EPS over the 508T. I have both (my EPS is the Carry), and am actually looking to get rid of the 508T. The titanium doesn't really add anything to these optics and the finish is not holding up as well along the edges. The window isn't that large and has a fair amount of distortion/fish eye around the edge. The EPS is much clearer and the enclosed emitter makes cleaning the glass and keeping lint etc out so much easier.

Thanks for the insight. Makes me lean toward milling for the EPS since I have RMR guns.
 
Back
Top Bottom