18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Mosin Nagant Prices at J&G. Normal?

C&RTrader

⚜️ Member
CAguns Supporter
2026
Messages
25
Classified ads
1
Its been a while since I collected these. Is this the current market price for what look like pretty standard mosins? $600+ for a round receiver wartime production?


Working on pricing some stuff in my collection so I was curious.

Thanks
 
Its been a while since I collected these. Is this the current market price for what look like pretty standard mosins? $600+ for a round receiver wartime production?


Working on pricing some stuff in my collection so I was curious.

Thanks
Yea no..... plain Jane Mosins float between 250-550, anything exotic, hex, or rare markings command 550-1000. We do have an issue where someone looks at a mosin and says "sniper" and asks more.
 
Yea no..... plain Jane Mosins float between 250-550, anything exotic, hex, or rare markings command 550-1000. We do have an issue where someone looks at a mosin and says "sniper" and asks more.
Almost choked on Chick fil-a laughing. I saw one in the classifieds here.
 
Almost choked on Chick fil-a laughing. I saw one in the classifieds here.
The best deals tend to be in the middle of no where because no one wants to drive and be inconvenienced. So you have the choice of paying the R price or driving an hour or two and finding one cheap.
 
Yea no..... plain Jane Mosins float between 250-550, anything exotic, hex, or rare markings command 550-1000. We do have an issue where someone looks at a mosin and says "sniper" and asks more.
Paid $89 for my hex at Big 5 back in the day.. LOL
 
At todays prices I wish I had a few... to SELL. You gotta have rocks in your head to buy a moist nugget right now.
 
Guess I should part with some 🧐View attachment 204487
Sir, you appear to have gone overboard…

Wow is a hex receiver enough to command $1000?? I, too, got my hex with 1933 build year and some cool markings for 89.95 (or maybe 79.95?) at Big5. I love this stupid thing but it’s not a $1000 rifle, not even a $600 rifle. I think it was the first gun I ever bought though, so I can’t sell it for that reason alone (and it’s my only C&R, i like the historical significance and will probably go down a C&R rabbit hole in the coming years and expand the collection).
 
$400-$550 is an average price for a "Good" grade Mosin. $250-$300 for a "Fair" one.
I paid $415 for an M44 early in 2025. Mirror shine bore with strong lands not counter bore.
 
OP those on consignment sale prices. The seller priced them that high as he is trying to cover the commission and still get what he wanted for the rifle. I don't know why people do that as they will never sell at those prices. If you want a good example of people doing this look at the Turners consignment page on their website everything is priced double current market prices. Compare Turners consignment prices to the actual prices guns SOLD for on this site or Gunbroker. What the guns are listed for and what they actually SOLD for are two different things.
 
I appreciate the input. I am working on thinning out my collection. I was trying to get an idea of the current value of these. the prices at J&G really caught me off guard, I wasnt expecting that, hence the question. I will have to check the classifieds here too. I havent sold anything since before the calguns crash. I made my way over here, slowly getting a lay of the land again.
 
Back
Top Bottom