18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

Muzzle brake for 300wm?

Sparrow makes a nice one. 3 section brake with a removable sound sleeve.

Remember: ears don't grow back.
 

IMO that kind of told us what we already knew; with the exception of the JEC using the tried and true device used on tanks and artillery, the basic 3-4 ports on the side with corresponding smaller ports on top are the most effective muzzle brakes for recoil reduction and staying on target.
 
I have an sig shr970 in 300 wm was wondering how well a brake works.

I also have the option for a can too but for hunting not sure if I will like the added weight and the length of it. Talked to a guy at range who makes the suppressors and said they reduce recoil as well. But the reduced noise would be really good.
 
I have many of the ones listed above. I currently run Fat Bastards on most my barrels. Sometimes they run sales on older versions
 
300wm, 24 inch barrel standard 5/8 24 thread. Semi auto.
Brake? Thinking Apollo max? Fat Bas**** but for the 30 cal it a bit pricey. Any brakes under 150? Are the linear comps work as well for recoil?
Surefire
 
I run Surefire on everything I own, bolt action and semi action.
 
300wm, 24 inch barrel standard 5/8 24 thread. Semi auto.
Brake? Thinking Apollo max? Fat Bas**** but for the 30 cal it a bit pricey. Any brakes under 150? Are the linear comps work as well for recoil?
I use the M11 it runs about $110. I love it i run it on my .308 Savage Ashbury.

 
300wm, 24 inch barrel standard 5/8 24 thread. Semi auto.
Brake? Thinking Apollo max? Fat Bas**** but for the 30 cal it a bit pricey. Any brakes under 150? Are the linear comps work as well for recoil?
What is the intended use of the rifle?
 
Back
Top Bottom