- Messages
- 368
looking good.
I would also highly recommend deleting the hillary hole as they have a tendency to lockup the entire revolver.
![]()
Smith & Wesson Revolver Internal Lock Plug Replacement Kit
Buy a replacement Smith & Wesson Revolver Internal Lock Plug kit at TK Custom. This kit includes a new retainer and an easily installed internal lock plug.tkcustom.com
The conditions for THE LOCK unintentionally activating, which is repeatable, are:
1) Light frame such as on this gun
2) Very heavy bullets with a hot charge.
Michael Bane on Down Range Radio mentioned this almost two decades ago (!!!). I was able to repeat it with my 625 but nowhere near as reliably since the frame is steel. But, I did throw THE LOCK key in my gun bag after that session. Mostly, I just shot normal 45 ACP and had just one LOCK activation after that.
Remember, THE LOCK is NOT a safety! It is a storage device. Removing it is not disabling any sort of safety related to immediate use of the firearm.