18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

  • Welcome

    Welcome to CAguns

    Join California’s gun owner community. Create a free account to join discussions and explore member features.

My new project

mossy

Active member
Messages
124
Finally building the mossberg SBS i always wanted but could never get in CA. I have always liked mossberg pump shotguns. First gun i bought when I turned 18 was a mossberg 590. I found a 14 inch mossberg shockwave at a pawn shop for $375 and decided it's time to build my dream "fun gun". Got it stripped down and cleaned up, whoever owned it never cleaned it out.

Unfortunately Blackhawk discontinued the knoxx recoil reduction stock, but there are plenty of them on ebay. Found a unopened gen 2 for not much more than I paid for my original gen 1 that i haveon my 590. It should be delivered tomorrow. Got my finger prints done at a silencer shop kiosk today. Going to do the form 1 tomorrow or Saturday.
 

Attachments

  • 1000004008.webp
    1000004008.webp
    160.3 KB · Views: 62
My knoxx stock has been delivered and forum 1 submitted. Now I just gotta wait for the ATF.
 

Attachments

  • 1000004026.webp
    1000004026.webp
    115.4 KB · Views: 49
I think I can speak for a lot of us that these kinds of projects are what gets us up in the morning. It’s a big part of the fun of firearms. I’m finishing up my ruger ppsh pcc project and I’m wondering what to do next. Congrats on getting this together!
 
After taking a break, I finally got this one completed.
 

Attachments

  • 1000006820.webp
    1000006820.webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 26
Back
Top Bottom