18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

Need help deciding between X-maco p365 or Canik MC9L, is it worth the extra 300 dollars?

I would say the X-Macro, especially with the AXG grip, is the best do-it-all 9mm you can get right now. With that grip, it recoils less and is more accurate than my Glock 19, without weighing any more, all while still being slimmer. These are my results vs. the Glock 19, firing 10 rounds each at 3, 5, 7, 15, and 25 yards
 
I carry the dinky 365 though. The Hogue grip makes it so it fills your palm more, and gives one finger groove.

Anything like this for the small 365?

Haven't looked.

I was ready to sell my xmacro until I found that extended backstrap. It makes the gun fit adult size hands, finally!

There's another extended backstrap that I bought, forget the brand, but it adds a huge hump at the back which I hated, ruins the otherwise good ergo's.

That Kiral part should come from Sig or Sig should include that size and shape insert with the xmaco and same concept for all their p365 models. The gun just has too short a reach to the trigger without it!
 
Im in a county where im not allowed to modify my ccw other. So kinda just trying to get best bang for buck stock compact.
I'm going to guess contra costa? Just get sig parts no one would know any better. Sheriff who did our qualifications didn't even glance at anyone guns. I vote Xmacro comp
 

Attachments

  • 1000002074.jpg
    1000002074.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 14
Xmacro. They run flawless, conceal well, very accurate

the canik feels good, has a great trigger, and is a jam factory. Hoping it'll break in eventually, but I don't trust it.
 
I have an xmacro comp and recently picked up the mc9ls (still waiting to get to the range and shoot it).

The xmacro does have a comfortable grip due to the deeper undercut on the trigger guard. The mc9ls has a superior trigger. They will essentially conceal the same. As far as recoil goes, I've read a lot of YouTube comments that say there isn't much difference between the two and seen that the mc9ls shoots fairly flat.
 

Attachments

  • 1000016893.webp
    1000016893.webp
    100.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I say this every time the p365 comes up. Hogue Handall rubber grip sleeve. Makes the gun much easier to handle/handall.
Agree.
I do find the space for index finger to bottom of trigger guard tight due to the molded top finger grove on the sleeve.
 
Back
Top Bottom