- Messages
- 20
It's a DQ anyway if you get caught clicking the safety off before the trigger guard clears the holsterFrom post on r/compeititonshooting:
By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.
Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.
Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.
It's a DQ anyway if you get caught clicking the safety off before the trigger guard clears the holsterFrom post on r/compeititonshooting:
"Bad Guys"It has to be a DQ. But from a general principle standpoint, if you can’t shoot yourself, who CAN you shoot?
No, splash happens. That’s why we wear eye protection. If you shoot yourself, you’ll know it, and eye protection won’t help.Does catching splash count as shooting yourself? Asking for a friend….![]()
at 0:03 mark it looks like hard chrome or similar finish LO gun with a slide ride dot.Anyone know what he was running?
Believe it was a 2011at 0:03 mark it looks like hard chrome or similar finish LO gun with a slide ride dot.
Open 2011.Anyone know what he was running?
Does catching splash count as shooting yourself? Asking for a friend….![]()
Plate must not have been properly angled down, or you hit a bolt or other part of the hanging assembly. I'd also question the steel used in the plate. A properly constructed and placed steel plate is angled down so that splatter will (mostly) to go into the dirt. The AR500 steel plates actually absorb some of the energy and are less brittle than regular steel. Sounds like your round didn't 'splatter' as one would expect, that could be a sign that this was some kind of hardened steel not intended for targets.Ten years ago I shot a match where I hit a plate at 10-11 yards with a .45. Literally saw the round come back at me and hit me in the forehead. Put me on my butt and left a welt in my forehead.
Normal competition steel plate, standard Blazer/Winchester .45 ammo (not steel core). Not sure how it happened since I didn't think that was possible, but apparently it is.
So, yeah, I shot myself...
Don’t I know it. I have chunk o’ frag lodged in my chest.No, splash happens. That’s why we wear eye protection. If you shoot yourself, you’ll know it, and eye protection won’t help.
Anyone know what he was running?
it's under DS SeriesThis may be neither here nor there, but I'm not able to find a 2011 on the MPA website.
Yikes! Finger off the hair tiggerMasterpiece Arms MPA LOCv1 2011
I call BS. ND=DQFinger off the trigger until you are indexed on the target, folks.