18+ Content Warning

By clicking Enter, you confirm you are 18 years of age or older and agree to comply with all applicable local, state, and federal laws.

Notice: Any content or member activity - including anything you may buy, sell, transfer, or discuss - must comply with current and upcoming laws.

Members are encouraged to stay informed: California Firearm Laws: 2026 Outlook & 2025 Recap . Responsibility for compliance rests solely with the individual member.

caguns.net

Welcome to CAguns.net!
Join our growing community where you can ask questions, share knowledge, or browse our classifieds section.

Sign up for a free account today and unlock full access! Once registered, you can search, post, and take advantage of exclusive features unavailable to guests.

A note on why more of the site now requires an account: automated scrapers and AI systems have been crawling our forums and classifieds at a scale. Requiring sign-in for those sections is the most effective tool we have. It takes a minute to register, it's free, and it keeps what happens here between actual members.

New to California gun ownership or trying to keep up with the changing laws? Check out our sister site CA2A.com — free courses, plain-English legal updates, and step-by-step guides built for California owners.

Advanced features are available only to registered members. Register today!

  • 📢 Classifieds Update — Effective Monday, September 21

    Starting Monday, the free Classifieds ad limit will be lowered from 3 to 2 active ads.

    Verified accounts will keep their limit of 3. All other account limits stay the same.

    Existing ads are not affected and will remain up until they expire.

    Want to keep 3 listings and add features like removing comments and emojis? Upgrade/Verify your account

    More information here

New Staccato, what is it and will it come to Commiefornia?

I was told by Staccato customer service rep the reason HD P4.5 isn't on CA roster yet is strictly in-house production capabilities. Plans are still to add it, but they keep pushing it. Good for them they are making such a beautiful and quality guns with demand so high they sells faster than can build them. I just think price difference between comped and not comped is a bit too much.
DSC comp system which includes whole new barrel with port for P4.5 with DLC coat and hand fitted to your slide is about a half of what staccato charges for the port. Not sure how DSC's single port compares to Staccato's, but if we get P4.5 on roster I likely go that route vs P4.5X (almost positive it's in the works)
I feel like they thought the P4 would take off more than it did initially *not saying it wasn’t successful* but it seemed like more people nation wide wanted the 4.5 and it caught staccato off guard and now we’re kinda left behind waiting on the 4.5 a year after its release. I’m calling it now that the P4X is going to suffer the same fate as the original P4 as people wait for a comped 4.5
 
Idk about that but at half the price for the same performance is crazy
I think time will tell what the market thinks of it/both.

If LEOs across the country or large departments start picking some up I'd like to see what they favor long term. I'm sure sig can afford loss leaders to a greater degree and for longer than Staccato but Staccato has more of an existing footprint/established in the "duty" DS 1911 game.

Whatever ends up being more cost effective, reliable, and safe for the performance boost for patrol and specialized units will probably be the winner in 3-5 years.
 
Sig does have the same advantage as Glock with a large amount of P320 out there. The pricing advantage will allow them to convert more department than Staccato.

I’m gonna sound like a broken record at this point but after building my P365 AXG I’m a firm believer in an SAO gun based on the XMacro mag for Sig. Staccato should counter with a 43x mag gun. We benefit from competition
 
Aren't all the P211 versions steel? I'd like to see them do something with aluminum to prove they can make something carry size and weight. The P211s in general are pretty hefty boys and not something I'd want to carry concealed.
 
Aren't all the P211 versions steel? I'd like to see them do something with aluminum to prove they can make something carry size and weight. The P211s in general are pretty hefty boys and not something I'd want to carry concealed.

I’m hoping the GT3 would be alloy frame with P320C mags. My bet is that we will see it during shotshow 2027
 
Aren't all the P211 versions steel? I'd like to see them do something with aluminum to prove they can make something carry size and weight. The P211s in general are pretty hefty boys and not something I'd want to carry concealed.
They have steel frame but aluminum grip so like a hybrid I guess
 
They have steel frame but aluminum grip so like a hybrid I guess
Yah, steel grips are pretty rare except for typically higher end 2011 manufacturers. And titanium on the highest end. Most have aluminum (sometimes on purpose for the sake of balance or mass producing things like the Atlas Alpha grip and grip panels) or polymer.

I actually don't mind polymer when done well or stuff like the MJD grips. They're grippy, lightweight, soak up felt recoil a bit better than aluminum, and don't beat up my hands as badly during long range sessions or classes.

But that steel frame is probably what's adding a good 3-5 ounces onto the weight. If they swap to all aluminum or aluminum and polymer they could drop the weigh pretty easily.
 
Back
Top Bottom